Thursday, May 8, 2008

2nd day of IIP

& lil' cat's day out!!

Why???
ai~ I drove today and parked in front of the furniture shop. But I was afraid that they would clamp my car so I asked the soft skills department for a car sticker. They gave me one! and after I put it in my car the guard asked me who allowed me to park there....... :(

Right before lunch, the soft skills ppl came and asked those of us who parked out car around the area to remove them. :( Yeee.....park where??? All those parkings outside without lines were all taken up by that time! So I drove my car into the newly opened shopping area where we have lunch...and luckily it's free parking for now!!!

After I parked my car, I got lost because I've never been to that new shopping area before and it's HUGE!!! Plus it's not like a shopping centre. From the outside it looks like 1 big building, but once you exit the car park, you'll see many shop lots, fountains, stairs and buildings there!!!!! I'm like a lost cat! I can't find my way back out!!! Plus it's a bit scary when everything is still under renovation.

Walked around here and there to try and find the Old Town Kopitiam....but I couldn't find it, instead I found myself at shop lot areas??? So I asked the guard(see...it's like shopping centre...there's a guard!!!) and he showed me the way. So from there I managed to find the others and join them for lunch at Java Noodle shop.

I guess the boss was happy to see sooo many of us! He came to take our orders personally and said UTAR students get 10% discount! ooo...how nice of him! Thank you...haahaa. Even all the food stalls around my campus area don't give students discount!

I had problem with their menu...like every other HK style eatery in Malaysia....their menu is Chinese style...but they have English menu too which they don't specify/ name the food properly...so I ordered "wanton noodles with 2 types of roast meat". From the pic it looks like pork and chicken....but it turned out to be duck!!!! Plus their "liang teh", they just state there herbal tea...and the names are in chinese!!! And a few of us cannot read chinese!!! aiyo! they should have "han yu pin yin" menus!

After soft skills, I had to walk back to the shopping arcade to look for my car.....and cause I don't know the place well, I tried retracing my steps...and I led myself to another car park. The stupid escalator didn't work for me!!! The stupid door just wouldn't close!! It did early in the afternoon! So I took the stairs up....and walked around somewhere till I spotted a chinese restaurant which I saw when I parked my car.....only then I found the car park!!!

Hai~ the place is sooo confusing! But I can't wait for it to be fully open! Since it's soo near to the PJ campus, they'll surely have good business!

Then on the way back, I took a wrong turn and brought myself to another Old Town Kopitiam! See I told you this franchise is like everywhere!!! I even drove myself to Toyota which the guard asked me if I needed help and I just said, "sorry....salah...wrong turn...*points at the road and smile*". I entered from the entrance and took an illegal turn right in front of the guard out the wrong way!!! I just kept smiling to the guards! "*nods*...*smiles*"




Today's topic "Leadership skills"

Our batch has been separated into 2 groups and my group now consists of 22 people. We were divided into 5 groups and were asked to give group a name, flag and war CRY!!!

My group consists of pretty girls- Celeste and Candy! and smart guy- Andy. (How did Candy get her name? Because she met a guy named Andy and decided to tell him, that they have similar names....and thus she came up with Candy!!! haaha)

Here are the 5 group's flags.......Group 1 - MACC(pronounced as Mac C) MACC is from all my group member's initials . Each of the symbols are like our mascot. The 4 triangles at the edge of the paper represents each of us & according to Andy, the thorns and rough edges represents the tough road?? or hardships we have to go through to achieve success?? It sounds so more more pro when he's saying it.....

Our motto/ war cry- "Maximizing our potentials and Minimizing out Weaknesses!!"Group 2- Victory!!
Group 3- The Lion
Group 4- E(cube)
Group 5 - V(Victory) 5

Today's talk was a lot more fun and interactive compared to yesterday's. We did some quizzes which allowed us to understand ourselves more.....and according to it, I will do very well in sales! (not true...)

Anyways here's a summary of my personality profile- I'm an "Influencing" person. Works best when there's new exciting opportunities, free from details and has ability to motivate others. I reject isolation. Am optimistic, personable, enthusiastic, outgoing......My weakness excitable, reacting, lacks follow through.....I "attack" when I'm under pressure. I would benefit from "pausing". Ideal environment is where I have "fun"!!! I like to "dream things". If I were to do something, I would do it in an "exciting way". My supposed greatest fear is losing face or social approval.

It's similar to the tests we did in Form 4 in SGS which shows us what type of career would suit us in future. I still remember mine has "teacher" in it.

Most of the things from the personality profile is quite true! I like new and exciting things, don't like things with too much rules when you do something as to me that would limit creativity. I'm talkative and I make friends quite easily I guess. I don't like to do certain things alone.....the more the merrier!

Don't......provoke me! Pancy did say I should relax and calm down?? Dreams...yea, I believe everyone should "dare" to dream about things because only then you will work hard to achieve your dreams. Plus I love to do things in fun and exciting ways.........so not like a science student hor??? Is that why I'm not doing as well as I could???

More pics:

Candy with a durian??? which was supposed to represent Andy...but we pity him....thus we gave him a leaf instead.
Our speaker for the rest of the week, Mr. Goh! giving us scores.
Celeste & Candy
Candy & I

The good thing about soft skills is that they keep feeding the students! haaha...nola, they just want us to have a break every 2 hours to freshen our minds I guess.

For morning break yesterday we had nasi lemak & today, noddles. Then afternoon tea break yesterday- some malay kuih like fried potato? and another spicy kuih? today- nasi puluk?? curry puff and some other kuih. I wonder if they can keep coming up with different things to serve us in the next 6 days.........haahaha

No comments:

Post a Comment