Wednesday, May 14, 2008

One more day to go....

Time really flies when you're having fun.......my IIP course is coming to an end.....


To me, meals are very important....see my size also know! haahaa......

Ok, if I come across a good restaurant which serves good food, I will introduce it to my friends or bring them there. Similarly, if I tasted something really horrible(which never happened before), I want to tell my friends too so that they don't waste their money on something that is not worth it.

I had the most horrible meal, er...ok, I had great company and the environment was good too. But the food.....was one of the most horrible thing I've ever tasted!!!! I hope I never taste anything like that again!!! Even when I think of it now....UGGH! I can't even imagine that anyone could cook sooo badly, let alone a CHEF!!!! Even I cook better with my eyes closed though I'm not a good cook. From where???
The cafe? BEAUTIFUL!!! LOVE THE INTERIOR DESIGN!! LOVE THE MIRROR OUTSIDE THE TOILET!!! We all took pics there! LOVE THE FUSION DECO STYLE!!! I REALLY LIKE THE ENVIRONMENT & AMBIENCE.

What did I order? SEAFOOD SPAGHETTI

Outlook of dish? SERVED IN A NICE BLACK JAPANESE STYLE POT(THOSE WITH BLACK HANDLES) & WOODEN COVER

Dish itself? THIN SLICES-1MM THICK OF WHITE RADISH & CARROT ON TOP OF YELLOW NOODLES(doesn't look like spaghetti) WITH OREGANO SPRINKLED ON TOP. THERE'S CLEAR SOUP AT BOTTOM 1/4 OF DISH.
(I asked the waitress if it comes with sauce and she told me that it comes with WHITE sauce......she never mentioned salt water soup.)

Taste? Mix, mix, mix everything.....tried the soup or sauce(It's written in the menu, served moist....but that was not moist!!!! It was like soup? or the Chef doesn't understand what does the words "moist" mean!!!) OMG!!!! SOOOO SAAALLLTYY!!!! worst that sea water!!!!

You know when you have sore throat and you'll gargle with salt water??? The taste is something like that except it smells like Spaghetti water. For those of you who've cooked pasta before, you'll always add salt to the boiling water right? And after cooking the pasta you'll drain it??? The soup smells like the salted water which the pasta had been cooked in.

So I thought maybe the noodles will taste better...but no.....They taste like salt too!!!!

I asked the waitress if it's supposed to be this salty and she replied me, "Yala, that's our seafood spaghetti!!" What?? "I asked you if it's supposed to taste this salty........gosh!!!

A who ordered Shanghai noodles.....had the same yellow noodles, same white radish & carrot slices, same vege, same clams as my seafood spaghetti!!!!! Wow!! I never Shanghai Noodles and Seafood Spaghetti are made from the same ingredients!

I asked 2 friends to try it and they both said it's super salty too!!!

C called the waitress for me again and I told her it's too salty....and she just took my dish away and never came back.....to tell me, if they're changing or what?? I GUESSED THAT THE CHEF WILL JUST ADD WATER AND BRING IT BACK TO ME!!!

MY GUESS WAS RIGHT!!!!! HE MUST'VE DRAINED SOME SOUP, ADD SOME WATER, RE-HEATED IT AND BROUGHT IT BACK OUT. Whether he added something else in it which he shouldn't have or not, I don't know and don't wanna know.
Look, dead clams!!! When clams remain close like this even after cooking, it means they're dead! Don't open them with force and eat them because it's not fresh anymore.

THIS IS BAD SERVICE!!!! The spaghetti still taste horrible and still very salty!!!! But since they're not changing it for me and lunch time is running out.....ate the 4 clams, 2 prawns, few pieces of vege and about 10 stings of noodles......forced myself to eat it!!!

Other unsatisfying services??
1. 2 friends ordered curry and their rice arrived almost 15mins before their curry did!!!
2. They left out 1 order for a friend till the last 10mins of our lunch break!

3. When it's time for bill, we told the waitress we're all students because it's written outside, 20% for students! She then asked all of us to give her out student ID's....ok, but then 2 friends didn't have it and they asked if we can only pass her 1. Most restaurants we go to only see 1 or they dun check at all! She said, "You also want the 20 discount right???"

Then she said, since we didn't pass her 12 students ID, she cannot give us 20% discount and she never mentioned how much she will give or how she will calculate also. She spoke in Malay the whole time la....."If our boss is here he won't give you know, if there's no student ID!!!" Thus A asked if we can have separate bills....and she said, "Cannot! If you want separate bills you shouldn't have told us (before you order)???"

In the end..."Ok la...this time I give you all chance....next time cannot! You have to bring your student ID!" And she walked back to the counter and never came back till someone said she called us to pay at the counter. I thought she should bring the bill to us.

Ok....bill also never show us, how to pay??? Someone took the bill, we paid her, cabut and swore never to return!!!

That waitress really needed to go for "Customer Service" courses....maybe she should join our IIP program too!! I bet she never heard this before, "Customers are always RIGHT!!!"

If I'm the boss, I'll fire the idiot in the kitchen and hire me!!! and sack that rude waitress too!!!

Like through out my life, never taste such a horrible dish in a restaurant!! and have never met such a waitress!!

4. When we were ready to be seated, the waitress kept all the wine glasses(ok, understood, we're not drinking wine) & napkins. I mean, if you don't want customers to be using them in the first place, why place them on the table?

If you decide to go there, order the fried rice.....at least the taste is ok.


Note: Everything posted above is based on real life experience of my friends and I. All comments above are based on my personal opinions. I just want to share my experience with my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment