Wednesday, June 4, 2008

FEStival

Typed this yesterday (04/06/08) but forgot to post it up.....

Btw, made a mistake in my las blog post regarding rise in petrol prices.....before the mark up it was 1.9 haaha...not 1.5. Thus my petrol price now increase to 81 or more! sniff~~~I'm now dreading my next pump!

Like wat XQ said, Life is not easy now~~~ sigh....and with the tise in electricity summore!!! omg!!!

When I first moved back, petrol in Brunei was a tinyyyy bit more expensive than over here and now it's so much more expensive over here!!!
~~~~

Today was F.E.Stival at my campus....

I really wanted to watch all the performances but too bad because I have class today and my schedule was quite packed.

Early in the morning, you can see all the club committee members busy setting up their booths at their designated areas. People were all busy doing something, be it setting up the sound system or the deco. It was a nice sight to see everyone in their respective club uniforms, working hard together. Even the outsiders: models, performers and make up artists also arrived early.

Didn't take many pictures because I only had 1 hour plus to explore the fair as I'm packed the whole day.

Jas, Tham , Ursula and I bought some coupons to share among ourselves. For every booklet of coupons, rm1 goes to charity. Plus there were lots of free magazines at the booth!

1st stall explored!....forgot was by which club because the only words that caught my attention was their sign board, "Secret Recipe: Dory!"

FRIED FISH!!!! yummy~~ sooo delicious! Only rm4
Can you see my lovely artwork on the fish slices??

Jujitsu club was selling oden. I first tried oden at 7/11 in Japan, ok ok la.....I wonder who came up with the idea here. But didn't try it though.

Next, we tried a game at ACS.....aiming tennis balls at a pyramid of cans. If we get 3 strikes, we get a pendrive!!! Unfortunately....haaha......Mel cannot aim at all! She said she needed space, everyone moved and she aimed! .......the tennis ball went right over the top of the cans! Thank you!

At least Jas and Tham both aim better!

2nd stall.....Ice kacang for rm2.50
Jas ordering the ice kacang for us!
Our ice kacang being prepared!
Ta-da!
Spotted a stall selling Dominos pizza right next to us.

When you look at surroundings........the roughly built tents, the trees and grass......it looks like we're at a camp site right??

Next was Career development club?? with this traditional chinese/ japanese game. I dunno what it's called. er...the one where kids catch fishes using a paper net?? which breaks easily???

Never tried it before.....a first for me! haaha....I always thought it's very hard. haaha
1st attempt, 3 nets.....made of tissue paper!!!
Me- 1
Jas- 1
Me- 1
These 3 poor fishes had to stay under the hot sun with me while I enjoyed the performances and even attend my lecture class with me.

2nd attempt after class
Me- 1
Ursula - 1
Tham- 0
Urusla- 0
Ursula- 1
Total = 6!!!
Ursula's hand
Ursula trying to catch the little fishes
Performace by a student who played the "er hu" to a Jay Chou's song, then violin version of a piece from the movie "Ratatouille"?? and lastly saxophone to......??? He really put on a good show! So talented man!!!!

Before this was a dance performance by the dance club, demonstration for Taekwondo and fashion show showing works of famous Malaysian designer Karl Ng.

Hai......the festival had just started and I had to leave for my class.....how unlucky!

Plus, how to concentrate when I know ppl are having fun nearby?? I can hear ppl singing but I have no idea who.

During my lab, I kept hearing ppl screaming and shouting....eeee....and I'm in the lab stuck with staining some bacterias!!! I missed all the great performances!!! I don't even know UG did perform. I know there were students from local U performing. Then there's hitz fm and their goodies, which I have no idea what because I was in class the whole time!

By the time my class ends, it's nearly the end of the performances and the booths are all getting ready to close! haaha.....

I just realised I forgot to take group pictures!!! or pics of my fishes!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment