Sunday, September 28, 2008

28/09/08

Finished 2 days of Financial Planning course on 24-25th. Quite informative since there's many things I do not know about: loans, insurance, estate planning, wills, shares/stocks....blah-blah. However, there are certain things which I would like to know much about, which the speakers didn't really touch on. Quite disappointing on that part. I guess if I really wanted to know more, I'll have to join their programmes.
.

Oh....and being a science and maths student, I have only heard of the scientific and graphical calculator. Thus, I didn't know there's such a thing called "Financial Calculator". When the speaker held up his financial calculator, a bunch of us science students were like...that's a scientific calculator isn't it?? Like...what's the difference? It's still a calculator!
.

Then as we go further into the topics and did some calculations.....we've realised the use of a Financial Calculator....because it makes calculation sooo much easier!!! We could easily calculate simple interest with the scientific one...but for compound interest, OMG!!!!
.

Sooo funny, there's this part on insurance with all the illness and the speaker was asking if we knew what they mean : hernia, endometriosis, neoplasm, cataracts, hysterectomy......etc.
.

"No? use Google!", said the speaker.

"Ahhh...come let me explain!", said Aki.

"Haa...so easy!"

"Yalo, just studied for pathology...."
.

During the entire course, this is the only slide that's the most familiar to the 4 of us - Terence, Ursula, Aki and I.
.

~~~~~~
Went shopping yesterday with a bunch of dance mates at Sunway Pyramid to get our costumes for the dance perf. We need- socks for locking, hiphop style jackets & white gloves. Not an easy feat.
.
It's soo hard to find a jacket that's not too expensive, that's long enough, big/loose enough, with hip-hop feel, comes in different sizes-enough for 6 of us.....
.
Jackets we saw are either, not yeng enough, are fitting types which are not what we need, too expensive!! RM170!!!, super large, too plain, doesn't come in that many pieces.....
.
In the end, we decided on jackets from this shop called 2PM, haaha...reminded me ot JYP's new group. We still couldn't get 6 same jackets in the same colour though....but their design is not bad.
.
So we bought GUY jackets in 2 diff. designs in shades along the lines of army green, forest green, grey and light grey in SIZE L!!! Guy's L size!!
I looked weird because I'm not tall enough for the jacket! and it's huge!!
.
At least we managed to get nice honey bee socks- yellow and black stripes. Those were the last 3 pairs from Socks Word and there's 6 of us!!! So each person gets 1! I will never get the chance to wear this sock again after the perf. haahaha.....
.
~~~~~~
.
Dance was fun but tiring since I haven't been getting enough sleep for the past few days and I'm super tired! We learned a new style again today!!! New-School hip-hop!!!
.
It's slightly different because of the beats and it's much more on going with the flow of music/lyrics rather than beats. Nice style!! but I still think locking is a lot more fun!
.
We've also got new steps which require 5 counts on the floor...so now, my knees look beautiful with new blue-black bruises. I really like that part! Looks sooo yeng!!!
.
Oh yea...and now I've got prac every single day from Sunday till Thursday!
Z said....
.
Sunday 3-6, learn new steps
Mon, 7- , learn/ mark steps
Tues, 7-, mark steps sampai mati-mati
Wed, 7-, mark steps sampai mati-mati
Thurs, 7-, mark steps sampai mati-mati
.
*sniff*
.
~~~~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment