Tuesday, October 21, 2008

21.20.08

Lab work is really tiring.....esp. research........

"Do you want to be a researcher or a research assistant only?"

lol.....many of our lecturers always say that.....

*rumble grumble*

Did numerous platings yesterday in the hope that one of my babies turn out to be the one that I want. Checked on them today, and it seems they haven't form nicely yet! So slow!!!

Went to this pan mee shop called "Ai Mian Zi" for the first time with the gals. lol....ai mian zi??? love face??? hahaha...direct translation!

Not bad! I like the pan mee with numerous different chili sauce to go with it and also the crunchy fish cakes!!! Reminds me of "Mian Dui Mian" aka Face to Face. Though I can't really take spicy food but it's nice when you have many different sauce to go with your pan mee.....I cannot stop testing them! Plus bye-bye to the traditional fried anchovies and hello crunchy fish cakes!!! *crunch crunch*

Guess I was slightly heated up yesterday as I was rushing for time because I've got sooo many things to do, and then there goes 'someone' again asking who's Schott bottle is this and that. So I said, "Don't touch it! I will wash it later." And it seems some ppl think that's fierce and 'someone' said that in this place you've gotta be fierce or else you won't survive. What the....???? Wanna see me fierce is it??? But then, no one accuse me of anything anymore today, hahaa.....

Yea, but I did get really angry today!!! and if I ever find out which SELFISH IDIOT is that....he's sooo gonna get it from me!!!!

I got my things all ready to use the autoclave machine as soon as the lab opened in the morning but apparently I was still one step to slow.....because the machines were already on heating mode when I entered the autoclave room. So I placed my things at the queue. I was 2nd on the line.

Made another bottle of nutrient agar to be autoclaved when a RS asked if he could put his bottle with mine because the queue was already super long. So ok.

When I went back to the lab, RS said they had put the things in already, so I went to check and......WHICH IDIOT PLACED MY 1000ML AND 500ML SCHOTT BOTTLE ON THE "ALREADY DONE" AUTOCLAVE TABLE TOGETHER WITH MY CENTRIFUGE TUBES????

They're not even autoclaved!!! which idiot placed them there???!!!

No thanks to that selfish person, I've gotta wait for the next round of autoclave 90mins to 120mins later......and push my plan back.

Plus since there are no laminar flow available for me today, I did my platings on my bench.....hope everything's ok!

And seriously, why do ppl keep stealing things??? that as are cheap as gloves??? Took a new box of gloves to my bench yesterday morning and this morning they went missing......so I went to take another box and after my trip to the library....that new box went missing too!!!!

And my hands are itching like mad.....argh!!!!

I WANT MY BABY BACILLUS!!!!

Please grow well for mummy ok? Let me see nice beautiful colonies....and even better if there's and zone of clearing! Tomorrow please let mummy see you dressed beautifully in purple coloured Gram stain ok??? Mummy will take beautiful pictures of you!

Actinomycetes was my initial topic......and there are several ppl working on them. And boy, are the colonies beautiful!!! There's even pink and purple ones!!! As for those working on bioluminescence bacteria......they've got the green and pink ones I think. Saw the green one glow and I can't wait to see the pink one!!!! I wonder if I can get some to make my own pink glow stick.

Last week's The Star paper had this drawing made by students from US, using different bioluminescence bacteria to paint a pic of the beach on an agar plate! So pretty! Fusion of science plus art!

Yea....you have ups and downs in life.....

There's a lot of UPS too....
1. Like getting to make a lot more new friends from different groups

2. Seeing different sides of people....good sides

3. Like when the bottle of nutrient broth finished and I asked for a new one, a guy told me that he just took one but that bottle was no where to be found.....and he nicely told me where to find it and even helped me!!! But we couldn't find it but when he saw it, he quickly came to tell me. And I don't even know his name at that time! So sweet!

4. When things are limited and everyone is forced to share, you still see good hearted people who really lend you their hand

5. When it's time to go home, there are people will help you so that you too can go home earlier

6. There are new things to learn everyday, with people around you, helping you out!

7. Sharing is caring!

See.....the Ups actually over weight out the Downs.

So, there's no reason to let some idiot ruin my day. :D



No comments:

Post a Comment