Monday, November 3, 2008

03.11.08

sigh....had no internet connection for the past 4 days...no thanks to streamyx.....which I had zero idea what the problem was......

The past week was....busy, haahaa.... my holiday is more tiring than when I'm having classes, all thanks to the fyp. I wake up at 6 every morning, enters lab at 8.15...work-lunch-work...and I go home at either 5 or 5.30pm. Then I get stuck in the jam.....reach home-fill in log book-sleep at 11pm.

My babies have been staining well now because I've been pampering them by subculturing them every now and then....making sure, they are receiving the best nutrients.

At this moment, I'm just praying that my babies are the ones that I want and now something else. *prays hard* Be good la, mummy will treat you super nice!!!

My hands are getting worse....there's no time for recovery. My skin itches- *scratch*- becomes red- swollen- skin peels- *hurts*- skin dries off- becomes rough- still itches- skin hardens- scarring begins- *pain*- movement becomes painful....

Certain times in the lab, I'm sooo irritated, I feel like screaming my head off.

*Procrastinating Queen*

1. When I'm trying to finish all my job before the lab closes and someone comes asking me when something goes missing or what.

You think I'm not fed up that people keeps stealing our things? or that someone used them and forgot to place them back into the box? I'm super fed up!!!

2. When I'm sooo busy staining all by babies and they stain runs out. Then I go and ask the lab officers for stains to fill up the bottles and I place the whole new bottle of stain there on the "stain rack".

But why is it that no one else bothers to look at the stain rack to fill in the bottle of stains that they are using?? Instead, they come stealing other people's bottles???

I don't mind you using, but I REALLY MIND lo, if you finish up my bottle and leave it there for me to refill it AGAIN & AGAIN when I need to use it!!!

Ok, my name is not written on the bottle, but I'm the one who fills the bottles I need to use every morning!~ I even placed them in a box with the name of my supervisor, meant for only students under the same supervisor as I am to use!!!


But then, some people are blind or JUST LAZY!!! They just use every single bottle from your box of stains!!!! and finish up everything!!! At least fill it back up for me la!!!

Today something even more amazing happened. Ursula was using the stains and suddenly a guy from the next bench walked over and started looking at our box of stains.....and then he took the whole box away to his bench!!!! Ursula quickly went and took the box back from him!

Wah lau eh~ I really wanted to scream at him at that moment! Is he blind or what?? It's written on all 4 sides of the box, "Supervisor's name"!

Then later in the afternoon, when SL was using the box of stains at the other end of the bench, a girl on the same bench with us who was doing her gram stain on my end of the bench ran out of gram's iodine. Instead of walking over to the "stain rack" where I placed the big bottle of gram's iodine for refill. She walked over to the other end of the bench where SL was and took the gram's iodine over to my side and started using it!!!!!


Hey yo....SL was still staining at that moment! You think that she won't need it???

Several people from the front bench kept coming up to use our stains too....but I kept my mouth and EYES shut! ....and they finished up everything!!!! HOW SELFISH CAN SOME PEOPLE GET???

It's not like you don't know where to get stains!!! You know where to get the cute little bottle of stains ready for use but you don't know how to look at the same place for larger refill bottles??? FREAKIN' ANNOYING PEOPLE!!! GO GET YOUR OWN STAIN BOX!!!

3. The last 2 weeks, 9 of us under the same supervisor didn't have our own alcohol spray bottle. We were using other people's and also the "free" ones from the lab. Till we saw a cute one which Jas has bought, we decided to buy another one. Plus it's not nice to be using other ppl's or even the "free" ones from the lab because everyone is "EYE-ing" it.

Labelled the new pink one, "Char Siu Bao" and Jas very nicely added, "very yummy~~"........and it still can "go around"!!!!

It's not like we labelled it "95% ethanol spray"......so daring ah, these ppl........what happens if I placed something else inside?

4. Distilled water!!!! Why does the distilled water bottle which I fill up early in the morning always goes missing in the afternoon??? Why can't people fill they're own distilled water bottle??? There are sooo many bottles in the lab and plus distilled water is free! Or at least, place them back where they took it from.

5. I really don't want to have to really shout at someone in the future.

6. I just want to work in peace.

7. Why is it that the l.o can never give me properly the things that I want??? If I was born a handsome guy, do you think I can get the things I wanted?

Why is it that a guy can manage to get the whole box of falcon tubes but I can only get 10???? It's soo unfair! esp when I need it more than the guy because I'm the one with ZERO universal tubes.

Oh well~~~ *prays for all the best*

No comments:

Post a Comment