Tuesday, December 2, 2008

02.12.08

whheeee~~~~

Just handed in my draft yesterday! Felt happy and yet not quite.....because I'm always in the lab from early morning till nearly evening.......and thus didn't have much time to work on the lit.rev.

Yes, we were given the notice early.....but that didn't help either. I couldn't get myself to actually start writing. I was reading journals after journals.....haaha.

No time to rest~ I have Jap exam this weekend which I've prepared 0.01% for! I really had ZERO time for it! I applied for the exam thinking I'll have plenty of time to revise for it.....but no~~

I've not visited the library once! I've not attempted any past year papers! and I've not touched the text books either! I might as well not go for the exam either! because it's quite clear I'm going to flunk it~ahhhh~!!!!

Oh yea, and my wisdom tooth's growing and my gum hurts! The worst part was that I was having sore throat at the same time! I hope the it grows out nicely!


~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Went to Timesquare last Fri for the Yamaha Instruments Fair.......and saw some really amazing performances on the digital piano. It seriously sounds amazing!
At first I thought it sounds quite similar to the organ but the person there said that the organ cannot produce such nice and realistic sounds. er.....couldn't really tell which sounds more realistic because there wasn't any organ performances at that time....but they both have similar functions and programmes. Oh....and yes, the digital piano was lovely but the price was also very beautiful!


Big X'mas tree!

I love the combination of red, silver and gold balls.




Yesterday was World's AIDS day!
.
Also at Timesquare....and it's still there I think. There's this exhibition area which was built inside and behind the wood planks as seen below......
They were having this "One life" event, co-organised with World Vision??

Anyways, this exhibition is free. Just line up.....if you don't mind waiting the long queue.

You enter alone with the earphone and mp3 player provided to you. There are 3 different stories and the person there will tell you which story you're getting. After that, just listen to the narrator as she will tell you which way to go....

It's really quite interesting!

I got a story about a woman from Cambodia called Strey Mum. Once I enter the place, I felt chills~~~
.
There'll be several stages separated by curtains. The narrator will tell you when to pass and at the same time tell you stories about Strey Mum's life and about Cambodia. Quite tragic and sad!
.
Among all the rooms I've walked through, Strey Mum's room at the brothel left the biggest impact on me. When I stepped in, I felt like I wanted to run out. It's like....ha~ I don't know....maybe it had something to do with the narration too.....*goosebumps*
.
.
You really have to be there to experience it yourself. It's a really good exhibition.....they move from cities to cities.......Tokyo, Beijing, London, Seoul......Kuala Lumpur!
.
Yea....and I had to pass by this clinic where the doctor stamped my hand with this "+" stamp, indicating HIV positive! and then I had to enter the reflection room!
.
.
Before you actually leave, you get to see real life pictures of the person's life whom you've just walked through and what they are doing now to help others. Then you pass by several more rooms........there's this room, where you can leave words of encouragement and pin them up on the walls....... more pics of different people around the world. And lastly, a feedback room with more info's on AIDS.
.
.
For me, I think that this is a good exhibition. It's a way to educate the public about AIDS. You've gotta go and see it with your own eyes to appreciate it. Plus it only takes 20mins. Plus the narration come in 3 different languages, you can pick whichever suits you best.


There are some goodies which you can buy there. All proceeds will be used for charity. Or you can opt to adopt a child too at World Vision.

No comments:

Post a Comment