Saturday, December 13, 2008

My unexpected visitor!

Yes regarding my "unexpected" visitor last week!

Was watching TV with my dad when I saw a ball of fur moving behind the foot massager and I immedately thought it's a mouse!

Quickly shouted for my dad and pointed and the foot massager, and I quickly jumped up the sofa.

As my dad picked up the foot massager, we were both like, .....huh???

Lol, it wasn't a mouse but a hamster (at least that's what I thought it was). It was moving sooo slowly, sniffing about, sticking close to the wall, trying to find an exit of some sort. So cute!

Well since we couldn't just let it roam about freely around the living room, we've gotta place it somewhere safe....but it wouldn't let us!!! It kept hiding below the sofa! reluctant to come out!!!

My dad and I like made all sorts of weird sounds, trying to make it come out! but that little guy just wouldn't!!!

So....I use a bait! Chocolate raisin bread! haaha.....ok, because I seriously had no idea what do hamsters eat!

It never came out anyway!

My dad had to pick him up and place him in a basket.

We tried asking our neighbours but neither of them raer any hamsters.....so we took him/her in for the night!

haaha....let's just call "it" a "he".

See, the little guy eating bread??? He did finish up the chocolate raisin bread and next I fed him wholemeal bread. Plus I gave him water in a small petri dish! haahaa.......
No, I did not shred the piece of tissue to pieces...the little guy did! I laid him on top of some oil paper, because I was afraid he would pee.....and hours later he shred the whole thing to pieces! Amazing!!!
He even hides his poop inside the shreds.
These were the best pictures I could take of him because the guy was hyper active and couldn't stop moving about in the basket.....I guess he was trying real hard to escape.
Plus, I dare not touch him....at all!!!
After seeing him shred the tissue to pieces, I thought he must've like shredded tissues so I thew him some. And this little guy, took the shredded pieces and place them into his mouth!!! Stuffing his mouth with all the pieces I gave him!
At first I thought he was going to eat it all up.....stupid hamster!!! I wanted to knock his head to tell him to stop.....but once he could stuff no more into his mouth, he spitted everything out! What a weird little guy!
The next day, I went and bought him food and saw other little guys who look just like him!!! He's a guinea pig!!! and not a hamster!!!
It's no wonder it's a guinea pig, that guy sleeps and then eat....and sleeps again......that's all he ever does....
At one moment, I thought it died in the basket because he was not moving and didn't respond when I called him. So I touched him to make sure he was breathing!! It turns out, he was just sleeping!
Anyways, we found his owner who live 2 houses away. It's amazing how this little guy/ gal escaped from it's cage, walked 2 houses away and into my living room!!!
Yes....good bye little one!

No comments:

Post a Comment