Wednesday, March 10, 2010

1st waacking battle

Last Sat was an amazing experience for me because it was my first ever waacking battle! Well....it's my first battle! haaha....went there totally unprepared as so many things have happened prior to that. It's a bit too late to prepare for it.

First, it was preparation for a dance perf. Then the date for the battle session has been brought forward a day earlier....to the same day as the perf. Plus, me finding out that some of the common steps which I normally do in my freestyles are not actually waacking moves!!! aahhh~~~

Yea....plus I don't have any waacking songs with me and I only got them from J the day before the battle!!! ahhhh~~~ I haven't even had time to listen to them yet!

Oooo~~~ but it was an event that would be hard to miss because a pro waacker AN from the IHOW was there to be the judge. (As usual, I don't include full names in my blog entries) Ahhh....one of the very few who actually trained under TP!!

Yea....so I went for the battle!!! I chickened out on the freestyle because I was afraid that I would be doing some "weird-hop" and also because my musicality is bad. Overall....I'm unable to let go of all the things that are restricting me and just enjoy myself because I care about what other ppl would think. That is another level which I need to achieve in order to become better!

First battle was with Ah K. Guys have guy styles and girls have girl styles of doing the dance. It was interesting. Only guys can do man poses. I hope more guys would join in future. After 2 rounds, I was lucky enough to move on to the next round.

Second battle was with my waacking instructor!!! Ahhh~~~ I think I defeated myself before the battle even started because I was so convinved that I would lose. Yea, I lost after 2 rounds anyways. My instructor was a lot better than me in terms on musicality, fierceness, moves and techniques. I still have a lot more to improve on.

As for the other dance styles such as Freestyle, House, Poppin and Lockin....it was CRAZY!!!! Everyone's super talented....i could hardly keep my mouth close the entire time!!! It was super interesting as instructors all joined the the battles too. They all did amazingly well winning all the battles!! It was totally crazy because some had to go up to 5/6 rounds before the winner could be decided.

The event ended only at 3am but no complains from me because it was a great eye-opener as it was the first time I've attended an event like this. I missed the last one due to food poisoning and also because I thought I wanted to accompany Pancy.

Oooo~ It was so fun, I can't wait for the next one. I hope I'd be able to perform better next time. Plus I can't wait to see what the other dancers could bring to the battle floor! It's great to see everything live and upclose rather that from videos!

Oh, as for AN? His waacking was "jaw-dropping". Just seeing him pose.......is already so nice!!! and the way he moves his arms....."ahhh~ I wish I could be able to dance like him". Plus when he's showing, he's not really using much energy, imagine seeing him battle!! It's gonna be superb man.

We did get a change to see him vogue and it was soooooo nice! 1st time seeing a pro waack and vogue in front of me!!! I wonder what would it be like to see pros battle. Ahhh~~~~

Even though, time is too short for a workshop from him, I hope that he'll come back for one in future and meanwhile, I can't wait for this Sat's workshop by K! Oh, he did have a poppin' workshop last night though, which I missed because I was sick since Sunday........

MC on monday then took a medication that causes drowsiness and dizziness on tuesday without knowing and drove all the way to work feeling dizzy with light headache the entire journey. Then I had meeting that morning....I tried so hard to keep mayself awake the entire time!!!

Anyways, I'm still coughing badly now eventhough there's no more flu. The weather's pretty lately....hope everyone takes good caare of themselves and stay healthy!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment