Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Buzzer Beat


I finally had the chance to watch this drama before the end of CNY....all because I bought the DVD.

Sooo happy!!!!

I was deciding between this and Mei-chan no shitsuji at the DVD store. I couldn't get both because I didn't have enough cash with me.....

I was thinking Pi..Buzzer Beat or Hiro...Mei-chan no shitsuji. In the end I picked Buzzer Beat!! heehe.....well it's cuz of slight biasedness, the drama has won so many awards!!!! Plus, I love basketball.....and also because I had already watched 5 episodes of the latter drama online. :P

Pi's drama + basketball theme.....whee~~~ = Mel loves!!!



Love Pi and Keiko together! I like how their relationship which started out as something mutual to something special. It seems they've brought their on-screen romance off-screen....but I approve!! They make a lovely couple!!!

I really like Pi's character, Naoki, in this drama compared to his other roles. "Yasashii otoko" = gentle guy. He's soft spoken, has a goal in life, gentle, serious, atheletic, a great friend and someone whom you can just talk anything with, without worrying that he might make fun of you. He is sweet, caring, does the housework, supports his partner and chase their dreams together! haaha....yea, the type of guy that I like. *sigh* too good to be true.

It's nice to have someone like Naoki who knows nothing about music, be interested in it, when Riko talks about it. At the same time, Riko knows peanuts about basketball, but they were able to support each other through their challenges. Though I thought that the break-up in the middle to allow Riko to chase after her dreams of becoming a violinist was totally unnecessary.



I like Maya Miki, the lady who acted as Naoki's mum. I think it's because of her voice and smile.....I enjoyed watching her in Zettai Kareshi too.

Aibu Saki plays an antagonist in this drama...quite shocking for me, as all these while I've only seen her play good girl roles. Not bad....

Omasa Aya, who plays Naoki's sister, acted in Mei chan no shitsuji and Yamato nadeshiko shichi henge. I'm yet to finish both dramas~

Apparently, a sensei from my language school likes this drama too! hehe~ plus everyone who finds out that I'm a Pi fan has been introducing this drama to me. So I'm glad that I finally got the chance to finish it!

Double thumbs up!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment