Monday, April 5, 2010

2010 Petronas F1 Grand Prix

Ahh...no time to update so many things.

I've been super busy last week. I had prac almost every night and had been lacking sleep! We were preparing for performance.

One was for the F1 event which took up my entire weekend!! The waiting and the running part were the most tiring part of all. Spent few hours waiting every day!!! omg~~~ It's really tiring to wait for time to pass!!!!

While waiting for the bus)

(Our ride)
(Tada!)
(Note: my lou gong on the top left!!! wakakaka!!!)
(Lou gong with Petronas Girls)

(Us! going into the paddock!)

On Sat, it was drizzling and we had to practice in the rain on the Sepang tracks! ahhh...what an amazing experience that was!! It was my 1st time there and I danced on the tracks!!!

Some of the crew members were still there tending to the race cars! I could see the garages right behind us. Can see the race cars with their humongous tyres...ooooo~




haha... my position was in front of Jenson Button!! The crew members were still checking the cars after the race. wakaka.....I wanna see the leng chai driver!!! Michael Schumacher was just a lil further to the right! Ahhh~~~where are the drivers!!!??


Then yesterday, when we actually performed, the sun was burning hot!! Oh well...at least we managed to see some beautiful air display! It was so cool to see the planes go 360 degrees, then zoom here and there up in the sky! Ahhh...it was so up close!!! I love the sounds from the planes, could really feel the vibrations!!!





The race itself was super cool! I though that the 1st race was loud and the cars were already quite fast but boy, was I wrong!! When the....actual race??....started, OMG~ I thought I was going to be deaf!!!


56 laps!!! One moment you hear *Vrrooom-vroomm* on one side and next moment you'll heat the same sounds on the other side and then suddenly the sounds just keep coming here and there because the drivers were all around the tracks and we were in the middle!!!

Initially, it was super fun because I got really excited to see the cars zoom past SOOO up close but then after a while my ears started to hurt! The vibrations were so strong that I had a headache!!! We stuffed tissues into our ears and I was covering my ears with my towel the whole time we were up on the grandstand. SUPER LOUD!!!! Plus it was at the bend, so you could clearly hear the cars slow down and then change their gears and stuffs!!! My eyes started to become blurry too after a while!

After half an hour we couldn't take it anymore and decided to just walk around, even then you could hear the cars super clearly!!! *ouch* my ears!!! We couldn't even talk to each other because it was too loud. We had to sms!

The first race that we saw was during our lunch and I had no idea who the winner was initially but he looked cute from the screen. So I said that the camera should zoom in closer to his face. My friend then told me that that's the closest the cameraman could go and all of the sudden, the winner ran up to the camera and gave it a kiss!!! Lol~ naturally I went crazy~~~ ahhh~~~ still no idea who the racer was.

haha...read the papers today and found out that Sebastian Vettel won the Petronas F1 Grand Prix! Congrats to him!!!

Was hoping to see more drivers in person, but I guess to be able to see the 2010 Grand Prix live was already an amazing experience. What more, having the opprotunity to perform on the tracks with 200 other dancers!! whee~~~ a tiring but great experience!


(Our view)
(Our entrance and exit)

(The beautiful tracks in the evening)

(The Dancers!)
Lol...I stole all the pics from another dancer!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment