Tuesday, April 13, 2010

たこ焼き Party

About a month ago, we held a takoyaki party at my centre as a farewell party for my sensei who would be returning to Japan.

It's my first time making takoyaki and therefore I was pretty excited. I love takoyaki!!

Here we are trying to figure out the correct composition of water and flour. Sensei read the instructions and we just followed. We added less water than required though.....and we already mixed in out cabbage bits by mistake....

Lol...the beautiful maker belongs to my classmate who bought it from HK. Ahh~~ after the party, I wanted to get myself one too so that I can hold my own takoyaki party too....



It was really hard to get tako here in Malaysia but luckily my classmate managed to find some and they certainly don't come cheap!!! Ahh....fresh takos!!!! I bet outside stalls don't use takos like these because it's just too expensive.


That day must be our lucky day because an uncle from Osaka happenned to be there and he taught us all how to make it. Lucky~ After all たこ焼き is an iconic food from Osaka. Simple and easy, unlike those you see from supermarkets where people make half and then leave it there till customers orders it. :P Bleh!!! 全然食べない!(I don't eat those!)


Our 1st round of takoyaki!!! Beautifully decorated with katsuobushi (dried bonito flakes), aonori(green seaweed powder), mayonnaise and takoyaki sauce. Nyom-nyom YUMMY!!! Hot and fresh!!! The more sauce you add in, the tastier it is!!

The first round ones were a bit too dense as we didn't add enough water. Subsequent rounds got better and better. We even used sausages, cheese and "chilli chips". Yea...potato chips-yaki!! Weird...but yummy!! Another reason why it's yummy could be because we added katsuobushi into the takoyaki too while cooking.



Tada a super huge card and a beautiful home-made marble cake decorated with rainbow candies in sensei's name.

See how big the card is?

hehe...at the same time, another class was having sushi party where they get to make their own temaki. Went in to have a look and managed to sample some sushis!


lol....

No comments:

Post a Comment