Thursday, April 8, 2010

二十八宿 (Twenty-Eight Constellations)

Interesting findings.....hehee~

Recently I've been watching back the old school animes of the 90s and oohh....so nostalgic! I miss them so much! I was watching Marmalade boy, I think it's my forth time. Anyways, one morning I decided to read up on the 28 constellations of Fushigi Yuugi as I wondered where Yuu Watase got the idea from.


So interestingly....I found that the Lunar calendar was somehow related to the 28 constellations. I never knew about this before cause no one told me.

Based on ancient astrological grouping from India, the 27 or 28 points that the moon passes through in one month is associated with star constellations. Each of these points (constellations) is associated with a deity, although the point-deity association varies among nations and sects.

A similar grouping of 28 was developed independently in China. The Chinese merged their system with that from India following the introduction of Buddhism to China. Unlike India, the grouping in China was always 28. It is the Chinese system that was imported by the Japanese.

The 28 moon lodges or 28 lunar mansions (as they are often called in English) are divided into four clusters, with each cluster made up of seven constellations. The four clusters represent the four cardinal directions (north, south, east, west).

Each cluster is associated with one of Four Celestial Emblems, a Buddhist guardian deity (the Four Heavenly Kings), a season, a color, and numerous other attributes.


Credits all the infos to HERE<<

North- Genbu the Tortoise
South- Suzaku the Red Pheonix
East- Seiryuu the blue-gree Dragon
West- Bakyo the White Tiger

hehe...it's exactly the same as in Fushigi Yuugi. so cool~

Imagine the immense amount of research a mangaka has to go through in order to create a good manga. The background research to make sure facts are right, then research on architectural designs and clothings.

Lol...wehn I was younger, being a mangaka was one of my dreams because I love drawing pretty boys and girls. Plus all the influences I've gotten from watching animes which I later found out were based on mangas. At that time, I was really amazed by their works as they were able to create such wonderful stories and at the same time create beautiful illustrations.

^_^!! according to the star signs...I'm supposed to be under Seiryuu and my birth date is the closest to Nakago (心/ Heart).
Ahh...Shock-da! my tamahome's enemy!!!

The hot blonde in the middle~


*sniff* meawhile my tamahome belongs to suzaku!!


hehe...if you read mangas, you'll that all characters have a biodata just like all of us and their own characteristic characters.


hehe...it's late to only realise this so many years after the manga and anime ended but FY is still one of my all time favourite!!

lol...anyone directors wanna turn this into a drama???

No comments:

Post a Comment