Friday, July 16, 2010

Potter Fever

(Beware, spoilers ahead for those who have not read HP series)

I've started reading the last HP book again last week, thinking that "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows" will be premiering soon on 19th Nov 2010!

I thought that I should probably start re-reading the book no incase I didn't have time to finish it before the movie premiers. how did I know that I would be sooo into the book that I literally had to stop and pull myself off the book to prevent myself from finshing it so soon. And I'm on the last chap........

haahaaa.......it felt great to re-read the book and re-live the moments again as I've already forgotten what I've read. I just love to devour the book slowly while enjoying my little snacks on my room floor, or on my bed, where I read mainly before I sleep.

It feels nice to sleep after you've read a good book. But sometimes, you get really into the book and you'll end up reading till after midnight.

Anyways back to HP, it's amazing that everytime I re-read one of JK Rowling's books, I still enjoy them despite already knowing what's ahead.

It's sad that HP has to end at 7. I do wish that there would an eighth installment. There are just so many things....not to say unanswered, but rather things that I'm curious about. Like about Harry's parents, maybe more could be written about them and if only I could know more about James, Lily, Sirius, Remus and Snape's school lives...less Pettigrew *hmph*. About Neville, his parents, the prophecy.......the death eaters seems interesting too. But maybe somethings are better left that way so that there'll be space for one to imagine. But still, I couldn't help but wish for more.

It's kinda sad to know that it will all end by July 2011. No new books? Sequels?

I've just read about how much Snape loves Lily last night. Totally forgot about this little detail. And I suddenly felt sympathetic for Snape. He quickly jumped from the bottom of my list to one of the top. At first I thought why did Snape asked Harry to look at him as his final words before dying. I re-read that paragraph again, thinking that I had missed something before I realised that it's because of Lily's eyes. Awww...Snape~ was it because you wanted to have a last look at Lily's eyes??

I wonder what would happen if Lily had chosen Snape. But that could never happen would it? James was so much more of the playful type which girls that age would fall for. Plus James prioritises friendships more than anything else....I guess that's one of the good qualities she sees in him. If James didn't come into the picture, there won't be a Harry Potter for a HP series!!! haahaha.....

Sorry...HP fever now...so I'm gonna continue on.

As for Draco.....sneaky little slytherin.....was not so bad afterall. I felt that he was not really an ill-natured person. He's the way he is because his parents were DE and he was taught or brainwashed since little. He did come to his senses as you see, no matter how bad he is, he couldn't kill Dumbledore. He helped Harry, Ron and Hermoine too at his place. He could easily tell that it was them, but he didn't reveal that to the DE. He hates Harry but not so much that he wants him to die. Even in the room of hidden things, you can see that he's a guy who values friendship. He's probably obeying the orders of the dark lord for the fear that he would kill his family or to reclaim the dark lord's trusts towards his family as dignity is quite important for his kind.

The nice thing about HP is that it's not just about 2 people and their love story but so much more. Plus the mains don't really overshadow the others as the supporting characters are equally as interesting and each with their own stories well built up. There's just too many supporting characters that I like, their qualities and traits. But all their live stories were so sooo sad.........like Lupin for example, he was one of my fav. when he first came out. I really liked him.......*sigh* It  was so sad that he had to die right after hsi son was born!!! Whyyy!~~~ Lupin's probably one fo the top few with the most horrible childhood.

The saddest death of all..for me.....was Sirius. I cried like a mad woman. I cried for the others too but I think the most for Sirius. He wasn't all that nice but well he was such a great fatherly figure for Harry and well....all the things that could've happened if only he had lived.

Neville, inches away from being the chosen one. At one moment, I did think that the dark lord had mistaken and Neville was really the chosen one. He had matured so much throughout the series, displaying the true courage of a gryffindor at the end. I'm so proud of you~~~~

Back to James and Lily.....argh....so little is known about the parents of the main character!!!! *pulls hair*

I still can't believe that this is the last movie!!! It's just too good......I mean the book!

I rewatched HP and the half-blood prince too last night and thought that it must be one of the least exciting one. Ahh...cuts here and there....so many important things left out.......argh.......but I guess there is only so much you can do with one movie. (Or maybe cuz Harry didn't go face to face with the dark lork.......) So I think it is a good decision that they've decided to separate the deathly hallows into 2 separate parts.

Oooo....I can't wait!! 2D or 3D?? I'll probably go for both. 3D glasses are extrememly uncomfortable and it's not like the characters really 'pop out' either. But I would be really up set with 3D really makes the show so much more interesting and I had missed it!!!!! 2D is a must!!!!! Why can't it premier on 13th nov instead???

Ooo...tonight I'm gonna finish up the last few chapters which I've been saving....

Here's the trailer btw:

No comments:

Post a Comment