Friday, January 7, 2011

Arashiyama

Arashiyama is one of Kyoto's most popular spot for cherry blossom viewing. It is beautiful and as I have said earlier.....early winter is not a good season. I think spring/ autumn would've been better as it would really bring out the beauty of the mountains- white/pink of the sakuras, red of the maple trees and yellow of the ginko trees.....
Even so, you can still see some very beautiful trees and amazing view.
You can even ride a rickshaw here.
I love trees in Japan....so pretty~
We walked across the bridge to the park- 'Arashiyama Koen', where we saw many closed stalls. I guessed this place is really lively at night when business starts.
At Japan, you can be sure that it is safe to use any public toilet!
Just look at the view from the bridge...
awww...I wished I had time for a boat ride too...
This is the Katsura River.
Walk along the river and you'll see the signs to a shrine nearby and also a monkey park.
A small shrine located at the top of the hill.


Always wash your hands first!
Look! Ema! which are small wodden plaques on which worshippers write their prayers/ wishes and hang it there.
I wrote one 5 years ago at Meiji Shrine and my wish got granted~! *Thanks for answering my prayers* So I'm writing another one here~!!
Don't forget to follow the instructions and pay the required amount!!
Walking back across the bridge....
.....and I found an apple tree!!
Look at some of the sweets sold at a small shop here.
Pretty aren't they????
I assume they're sweets- 'okashi' used for the tea ceremony.

No comments:

Post a Comment