Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Twilight

I've finally finished reading all 4 books of the Twilight series. The book is addictive enough to keep me hanging on to the end and I must say that Breaking dawn is my favourite book of all.

The first book was so-so. I was waiting for the climax which didn't quite happen and in the second book too. The Vulturi seemed interesting to me but the whole James, Victoria and the new borns which were created in the third book didn't quite do it for me. Oh...and predictable~The last book however was jam-packed and I felt like all the characters suddenly developed a kind of similar humour. I think I shouted the words "What!!!?" outloud quite a number of times when reading the series.

Couldn't really remember the first book that well now, which was mostly on Bella and Edward wanting each other. (Ya...uh-huh~)Then in the second Edward leaves her and ended up asking the Vulturi to kill him after he thought that Bella had died. (This is bad.....no girl should do the sillt things that Bella did or should any boy die like Edward!!! The gal could pick uo a hobby and love herself more. But I can understand, the feel of an adrenaline rush and the after feel is great!)

By the end of the second book, I had this funny image of a gal pressing her body flat onto a marble wall, trying to feel the coolness of the marble with her senses. I laughed myself silly with the image I had conjured up. I think that part was about Bella and Edward touching and kissing.......cold and smooth like marble, hard like granite......... From then on, I laughed at all the romance scenes. My wall very soon became a marble pillar and by the end of the third book, the pillar had developed some designs which resembled six packs. LOL~......and I wondered how can it be nice to kiss something cold, hard and dry.

The author spent so much time building towards a "climax" where Bella wants nothing more that just to enjoy the intense feeling of passion of making love to Edward that she is willing to trade the no.1 thing on her list for it, which is to become a vampire. Then that climate just died in the last book. I didn't even know it happened! Super glossed over.....and she spent so many chapters talking about it. I only remembered myself shouting "What!!" at the "I bit a few pillows!" / "I broke the bed" part. And then she's pregnant~! Didn't even know how that happen...I didn't know vampires have sperms! I thought that they only had venom.

Also, the book suddenly changed from Bella to Jacob's POV. Though refreshing, I felt that it might've been better to continue with the way it started. Well but those parts were mostly about the werewolves and I guess using syles like this, it makes reading easy to understand.

Every time when I feel like the story is building up to something, it sort of becomes a let down because I was expecting and waiting.......ugh~ and it never came! It happened soooooo many times!!!! But I guess a story like this has got to have a "fairy-tale" ending where everything ends well.

This is truly a fantasy novel for the girls with a heroin and her prince charming.....all things seems to go in favour of the heroin no matter how big the trouble is.

Like how newborns are supposed to behave and stuffs....definitely did not happen to Bella. She thinks that it might be because she was well informed beforehand and so is able to resist and have self-control. But even when she's human, she didn't have much self control, especially when it comes to Edward. Everything just came to her too easily. Well....I'm not the author, so yea.

Regarding the talent part....I've thought about it and I think that if I could choose I would want Zafrina's which is to create visual illutions. I want to create something beautiful for everyone to see. Though Aro considers Edward's mind-reading as useful, it seems to me more like a curse. I wouldn't want to be in everybody's mind. Only a strong individual will be able to handle it. As for seeing the future, it might be handy or just destroy me, depending on the situation and how it's used.

I know I've caught the Edward bug halfway throught the third book when I saw a HP trailer and thought "Wow, Cedric is actually very good looking!" I've always felt that someone more handsome could have played Cedric because he is after all supposedly the most good looking guy in the series. After reading Twilight, I thought that he's just perfect!

I guess I am similar to Edward in some ways. We're both old fashioned. If I had all the time in my had, I would use it to read language books, science books and play the piano better. I like a guy who is musically inclined and no girl can resist a guy who will be there for her all the time. Plus he's protective, caring and understanding. I'm only not liking the stalker-ish and self-blaming part.

I wish that more could be included about the other Cullens so that the readers could feel them more.

I think I might watch Breaking dawn if I can find a company. I want to see how it turns out as a movie and.... I want to see Charlisle. Lol....I really like his character. So mature, smart, calm, compassioned...well, he's the creator of this great family so he must be amazing! Plus I'm interested if Alice is as what is described in the books. Last but not least Kriten Stewart, she's so goth and pretty. Oh, not forgetting the handsome British...Robert Pattinson (not sure how he looks as a vampire).

No comments:

Post a Comment