Saturday, April 13, 2013

NEWS is 4

Ever since Yamapi and Ryo's departure from NEWS, I haven't really been catching up with them except watching their latest PV's. 

Was really upset with Pi and Ryo's decision initially but I'm ok now.

Pi knew from the beginning that his path would not be easy as he would be starting once he leave NEWS but  I will always be supporting him.

As for Ryo, can't blame him for wanting to focus more on K8's activities. Plus as one from Kansai, I think he feels a need to work hard for the Kansai Jrs as well. We all know that K8 was the last group from Kansai that debuted and that was 9 years ago. Johnny really needs to debut another Kansai group.....their jrs have been working really hard.


Last night was the first time I've seen footages from their NEWS live tour 2012 美しい恋にするよ. NEWS with 6 members was my favourite Jpop group ever and for years, I've been wanting to watch them live.

Cried while watching their performance of "Share". This is because Share was written by the 6-member NEWS and it was sort of like a new start for them after their short hiatus. The song talked about how 6 strangers who came together and became friends, their friendship and their existence with the fans. 

This Share performance is definitely one of my favourite. Massu totally teared up at the part where he was supposed to sing about how they all came together to produce this stage and to thank everyone. Even Shige teared up. Tego was amazing because thanks to him, the song was able to be performed nicely. He was able to maintain his composure. I must've hit that replay button for at least 10X because I love the performance so much.



 An original song for the 4-member NEWS - "Fullswing"

This is my favourite new song by them. Just the name of the song itself seems soooo positive. It's like, yes we will go in full swing from now on and give our best for everything that we do in the future!!



hehe....another emotional performance. One that you will cry every single time you watch it, no matter how many time you have watched it before. I guess it is understandable as NEWS had been through so many hardships. From 9->8->6->4. NEWS couldn't have much activities together as  a group because the members either work separately or are too busy. 

Pi for example had sooo many dramas plus his own solo activities. Then there's Ryo who also have K8 activities and when he's with one group, he's halting the activities of the other group. Then Tegomas was born and they too have separate activities.

Ok, maybe that performance didn't really do NEWS or the song justice. So here's another live version where you can hear everyone's voices clearly.



 For me, NEWS is truly 4 and they're perfect this way now. I would love to attend their concert in future too if I have the chance. 

Koyama + Shige + Tegoshi + Massu = NEWS<3

No comments:

Post a Comment