Sunday, August 11, 2013

Don Quixote and Tonbori River Cruise

Almost coming to an end with my post on Japan. It really should've ended much sooner if I did not have that many breaks in between each post. 

One reason to document this out is because as time passes, memory becomes a distant thing and I don't want all these wonderful memories to fade away. 

Ok, 2nd last day in Japan and here we are at Don Quixote which sells......anything you could possibly imagine.

Like Hello Kitty Underwear for men that comes in pink leopard prints! Anyone interested?? Just look at the number of designs available, they must be hot among guys whose gfs are fans of Hello Kitty.

They also sell maid costumes if anyone is interested. Of course they sell normal things too. Like I got a pair of Sony earphones and an SD card for a relatively cheap price! 

This is what cuzzie and I were waiting for while shopping in Don Quixote.

Or you can go to a host club while waiting....


This is how Don Quixote looks like.....with a weird shaped ferris wheel that used to work until they closed it down.

Finally we're on the boat~
The lovely guide offered to take out picture for us~
:D

This auntie in front must be quite smitten by the guide's good looks because for the first 15 mins, all she was doing was snapping his picture!! ahahah....so much that he felt awkward and refused to look in her direction!

Travelling under several bridges in the area.

The famous Glico running man~

This....for those who have been to the area at night or took the cruise will know why I took this picture. For those who have not been there, I don't wanna spoil the surprise for you.

After the cruise, we headed to Spa Suminoe!! So excited!!! Finally an onsen experience!!!

Well, because it was already dark and the place is actually quite far from the station, I actually had to ask for directions a few times. But I guess the guards or people who work in the area are all too familiar with tourists who are looking for Spa Suminoe. Before I even said a word, they pointed me to the direction I needed to go!! hahaha.....

Well....no pictures of the onsen at all because it is obviously not allowed! But it was really great! There's an indoor and an outdoor section! We went for both! Truly amazing!!! Would love to be back!

After the onsen, we were feeling hungry......


As it was almost 10pm, we ordered a set to be shared. Not that small actually as it comes with udon and rice!!! All I can say is....What a healthy meal that was! hahaha.....


For those who did not have the free-passes, you would have to purchase your tickets from the vending machine before entering. It costs only 600yen per person on normal days, 700yen on weekends + another 200 for towels. For us, everything was covered.

Onsen is definitely a must! Ever since my first experience, I'm loving it!


No comments:

Post a Comment