Monday, September 9, 2013

First time in Chiang Mai

Family trip to Chiang Mai~! which is a first time destination for all of us.

Landed at their international airport and our guide was no where to be found! Waited for about 30mins and still no sign of him! Plus I couldn't get in touch with him!!

I got fed up and got on a taxi to the hostel.

When we arrived at the hostel, the staff told me that a taxi driver came to look for me ^_^!!

Called him using the hostel phone which I had to pay to use to get him to come to the hostel to pick us up.

We eventually found out that he went to the wrong departure hall.....like seriously? I'm flying into your country, of course I will be in the international arrival hall!

Even though things didn't started out smoothly, the day was still great nonetheless.

First stop was Wat Phra That Doi Suthep, which is a temple located on top of the hill, about 15km from the city of Chiang Mai.

I enjoyed the ride there, thank goodness I was in a car and not those red trucks. On the way up you can see Chiang Mai city, kinds reminds of my trip to Mount Rokko.

Finally we arrive after more that half an hour. 


Taking the angled/ slanted elevator up to the temple which was located on top.



I think there's something like this in Penang that was built not too long ago too.


A popular picture spot!

Behind here are several praying areas. Didn't take much picture as I was praying.


There are even performances.....


This is the staircase to get to the temple if you opt not to take the elevator.



All around the temple area....



Nice view of the city


Sky was clearing as it just drizzled in the morning.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment