Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Izakaya experience



As majority of the contestants have not arrived, Ms. A and myself, together with our sensei went down town where we managed to do some shopping and had dinner at an izakaya!




Look at the menu!




Sensei ordered a lot of things but I'm afraid that some people might find it rude to take pictures of food.....hence, no food pics! Only managed to take the ones that were specifically for me.

Like this gigantic bowl of miso soup with fish meat in it!




Then as if we weren't already stuffed to the brim, we ended the meal with a yaki onigiri! But omg, the best onigiri ever!!! How could plain rice taste so good??




After that it was time to catch a taxi back~



It was really cold that night~ but that miso soup really warmed me up!



That night itself, all the contestants slowly arrived one by one and near midnight, we were all standing at the corridor, introducing ourselves to one another in our pajamas! I guess we just couldn't wait to meet the others! Though I was super tired from all the travelling, I too joined in the conversation about our activities the next day and about the speech contest with the others. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment