Saturday, January 4, 2014

Speech contest 1

I think one of the main highlight for me in 2013 was winning the speech contest!

It was truly a great experience for me~

I have joined the same contest in 2012 but only got 1st runner up, so I decided to try my luck again this year. And, there were wayyy more participants this year that last year! Tough competition! Everyone was so good, even those who have only started learning Japanese that year! It's amazing to hear how well they speak even though they have not been learning the language as long as I have.

This was the overall flow of the programme.....




Thank goodness I was in the first half because I didn't want to wait so long before I presented. The long wait will truly tire one out.
Last year's topic was about our dream and it was interesting to listen to other people's speeches, especially the younger generations! If not, I wouldn't have know that one of the most popular ambitions for youths now is to become a voice actor! During my time, thanks to the influence of anime and manga, many people I know wanted to become a anime or manga artist, but now it's a whole new thing! It's amazing how in 10 years time, still due to the influence of anime and manga, there can be such a huge difference in the choices that the youths make.


I guess I was really lucky to come out as the champion as every was so good. *counting my blessings* I guess sometimes in competitions like these, besides working hard to be good, you need a little luck~ and thankfully, luck was on my side that day!



Truly happy that the prize included a return air ticket to Japan for the competition there!

 Some of the participants were really young....and at their age, to be able to speak so well in Japanese....is truly a gift! Think of all the possible opportunities that could be available to them when applying to universities or jobs in the future! 

Overall, it was truly a fun day as everyone who was gathered there that day all shared a common interest in Japanese! Plus we had an amazing dinner after the contest too~ :D


No comments:

Post a Comment