Monday, July 14, 2014

Speech contest

Finally it was time for the speech contest!

Opening speech was given by Ms. Akie Abe.


Someone very nicely snapped a picture of us paying full attention to her. 


The audience who all seemed to be dressed in either black, grey or white. I can see that there were many high school students.

Was enjoying the speech~

Even the guest of honours seem to agree~

Kuro-chan from Hanoi as the first presenter.

Followed by Yuyi from Beijing.

Next up was everyone's little sister, Na young-chan from Korea. The youngest but definitely do not under estimate her japanese level.

Ukei-san from Shanghai~

"Shiro-chan" also from DaNang, whose nickname was given by kuro-chan.


Then it was my turn.....stuttered really badly at the beginning, but I'm glad that I was able to complete my speech.

Matthew from Australia.

Guess from Nepal~


A great friend-Ashita, from Sri Lanka~

Ryu from ChengDu~

And lastly, YuHang from Nan Jing.


After the stressful presentation, we were treated to some fun japanese dance by the local dance club.

We were even invited to join the on stage~

Really great for relieving stress, plus I had fun!

The 2 from China seem to be having loads of fun~

After the prize presentation, we had a group photo session~

3rd place was Ukei-san , 1st place was Nayoung-chan and in 2nd place Ashita-san.

Super proud of them for doing so well~!!!

This speech contest had been a great experience. Just the opportunity to be there is amazing~ 

Though I did not presented as well as I should have, I've truly enjoyed myself and I've learnt that one can never be too prepared. It was the lack of preparation that caused me to stutter in the first place. This means that in future, I should no slack and be more prepared when it comes to formal presentations.



No comments:

Post a Comment