Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Exploring Shinjuku & Tokyo Metropolitan Government Complex

Third day in Tokyo~

This was a famous snack from Miyajima that we got as a gift from the Prof whom we met at Hiroshima! Sooo good! 


Was supposed to meet with Na-chan at Shinjuku eki to travel to Yokohama together but as both of us didn't have data plan, we couldn't contact each other once we're out and little did we know that the shop which we planned to meet outside of in the station had a few branches.

So I'm all alone on this day.

Decided to have ramen for breakfast! This was recommended by the staff there......


Small little ramen shop


You order from a machine and then pass your slip to the staff


The streets were relatively empty in the morning, unlike at night




Then I decided to just explore the area by walking through all the alleys. No maps, no nothing......just walk wherever I want to......


As the roads get smaller and smaller.......

....I spotted Tokyo Medical University!


No students around, most are in classes







Walk out and I'm back in the bustling city again




Entered a Don Quixote and saw a huge array of costumes for sale~
Next time when I need a costume for anything, I shall consider here.




Next, I decided to explore the area in Shinjuku where most of the tall building were located!


Spotted some tall buildings and just started walking towards them


Following in the direction of some salaryman




Yay!


Finally reached the Shinjuku Sky Scrapper District.This is the Shinjuku Park Tower.


Map of the area~


This here is my target! Tokyo Metropolitan Government Complex!


The surroundings~


Love the architecture~


View from the Tokyo Metropolitan Government Complex


Hello Sky Tree~


I shall visit you next time! No time for you this trip~




Buildings after buildings....


Tokyo is such a dense city!




Cannot do silly poses in front of nice strangers who helped me snap this pic! Bought this outer coat the day before from Harajuku and I'm loving it. It has a nice soft feel to it, love the colour too and best of all, helps keep me warm even when there's a strong wind.




No comments:

Post a Comment