Thursday, December 18, 2014

Waseda Daigaku

I was supposed to meet Mish for dinner at night with her sensei and junior in a izakaya near Waseda Daigaku. Since I was early, I explored around the campus a bit and also window shopped at the Uniqlo store opposite the campus,

The campus at night. I love how they have huge windows for their class rooms which helped lit the surroundings of the campus. Also, they have this garden area in the centre with lots of benches.


Checkered windows


Leaves turning yellow~


The campus is conveniently accessible. Just exit from the station and you're already on campus grounds. Then just across the road are various family restaurant and even a huge Uniqlo. There's even a coffee shop on campus facing this road here.

I saw lots of students seated by the window seats with their laptops at night......probably doing their assignments while enjoying a cup of warm coffee.


Inside one of the buildings while waiting for Mish to try and hide from the cold weather. It was super cold outside and even inside the building, it was cold because they don't have central heating, but at least I wasn't in direct contact with the wind.


This building houses the library, some administrative offices, science gallery and classrooms.


After meeting up with Mish, we walked a few blocks away to Waseda's hostel.....which is where her sensei and junior stayed.


Walk further behind and we're at the izakaya.

This is her sensei~


The buta kimchi that I ordered.....such a huge portion and it came with a huge bowl of rice!


Opps sorry for the blur pic! I for extra cha-han and salad which I already ate fro the lovely lady I was sharing the table with. 
She saw that I was waiting a long time for my food and hence, she offered me some of hers.


Mish's junior and her sensei's japanese friend.




The people I shared my table with: A prof from Waseda and a lovely couple who knew a lot about Indonesia and could even speak the language!


Overall, it was a fun and interesting night for me. Glad that I joined Mish for her dinner plans.


No comments:

Post a Comment