Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Arrival at Taipei

I think it's time to start on my Taipei Trip series from Oct 2014.

First time being at the new KLIA2. It was definitely a long walk, but I like it cause it's new and a lot more spacious than the old LCCT.

Arrived at Taipei and immediately went to get a phone card which I didn't know how to install into my Samsung Note because I had no idea how to remove the SIM card that's already in the phone.

Anyways, before boarding the bus, the bus conductor would place your luggage in the luggage compartment of the bus and ask where is your stop. I thought I was being smart by speaking in mandarin to him. I repeated "Tai Pei Shi" 3 times but he didn't get me and kept asking me "which part!?". He only got me when I told him "Taipei City Hall" in english......turns out I left out some important words behind. Oh well~ at least I tried hahaha.....

I was trying it to remove the SIM card for about 10 mins in the bus. I tried to flip it, pulling the card, banging the top....and all sorts of stupid things. So I asked a japanese couple who was seated in front of me for help. Lol.....another opportunity to practice. 

The guy was using and iphone so he passed my phone to his gf who just "pushed" my SIM card with 1 finger and it popped out!!! OMG!!!! THE EMBARRASSMENT!!!

But thank goodness because now I can contact my friend Xue Qin, to tell her that I'm on my way.

Truly grateful to her this entire trip! Without her I would have to spend so much more and wouldn't be able to visit so many places locally. She offered me accommodation free of charge for 2 nights at her place and also brought me around almost every single day! So happy that I didn't have to be all alone this trip!

Here's XQ and I near her place with a nice view of Taipei 101....literally just 5 mins walking distance! Such a prime location!

A local flea market nearby which sells products designed and made by local designers. 

A touristy shot is a must!

Gindaco, we meet again~

Yummy!! Only had 4 because I was feeling jet lagged as I had alcohol the night before and only slept about 3 hours prior to my flight which I didn't get much sleep on.

Compare this with what I had on my last Sg trip! 8 plus some more from Chong's boat!

Next, we headed to Ning Xia night market which according to locals have lots of good food. This is the cheesy potato that I've seen in so many blogs prior to my trip. It's good but a bit too much for 1 person. Better shared.

Aiyu bing! I haven't had one since my last trip to Taiwan I think.... 

Stinky tofu snapped from a taiwanese couple seated in front of us. Very nice of them to offer me some but I dare not try one.

Look out for this sign for the market!

Next, we headed off to yong kang street where I had yummy xiao long bao from one of the road side stalls! Yummy~ and filled with soup!

Of course, we had to try the famous smoothie house mango ice too! This seemed to the no.1 mango shaved ice in taipei according to many polls. Hence, there was a long queue at the stall and there were many tourists too!

When in Taiwan, most tourists would usually roam the night markets for tasty street food I guess.......Well, that's exactly what I did! lol~ pretty good for the first night I would say considering there are many things that I do not eat at the night market.


No comments:

Post a Comment