Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Day 4 of conference

My breakfast early in the morning, bought from the night before. During my walk home, I spotted a huge bakery that sells really huge cream puffs and I just had to get myself one!

This is a super huge chocolate cream puff! Love the flaky crusts~

After the first tea break, I left the conference as all of the talks for that day were way out of my research field. Walked with out of the conference hall to the bus stop and along the way, I passed by several of their research buildings.

Felt kinda envious because I've never worked in such a huge research facility before and this entire area houses not just one but several different buildings dedicated to research!

Plus the surrounding area is very clean and serene.

From there, I went to shop around Ximending before dropping off my shopping bags at my rented room. From there I went to Wufenpu, where I bumped into another lecturer from the conference. 

From where I stay at Yongchun station, it is really convenient because both Wufenpu and Raohe night market are within walking distance.

At night, I met up with XQ and her friend, Amy for dinner at the nearby Raohe night market. There we had okonomiyaki which they served with wasabi on the side! I found that really interesting as I've never seen wasabi being served with okomoyaki before!


Amy had a stinky tofu that was drenched in some sweet sticky sauce, topped with some veg. She was nice enough to let me have a bite and it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. The smell wasn't as strong and the tofu didn't had much taste itself if not for the strong flavour of the sauce on it.

Fried sweet potato~

Some really famous pork rib soup. There were many pork ribs but hardly any meat though. I still prefer the herb-flavour of the bah kut teh to this but this is nice on a cold night!

This here is salted soy milk with fried crullers. This is pretty interesting as I never tasted salted soy milk before.


No comments:

Post a Comment