Sunday, January 4, 2015

Interpreter experience

I was truly blessed December last year when I had the opportunity to work as an interpreter.

Never had I thought that I would have the opportunity because I didn't have a N1 cert yet. 

Well, it only happened because the Sensei who was supposed to go couldn't make it and the International affairs officer of that uni remembered me as I had participated in the speech contest a year before. Hence, the opportunity~

This here is the amazing luggage with 7 wheels which I had to lug to KLCC via public transport and it weights 26kg! keke....because it was filled with various brochures to be distributed.


This bag here is truly amazing~ 7 wheels!!!
Tell me where can I get a bag with that many wheels? It's good because you can really carry a lot of heavy stuffs with it!


This is that area that I was in, the Japan Pavilion of the education fair. Lots of red and white!

From the booth that I was in, here are my views.....to my LEFT~


to my RIGHT~


Here's the booth that Kinoshita-san and I were based at. We decorated the booth with various pictures of student activities in the uni.

The event was for 2 days. I had to interpret from english/chinese/malay to japanese and vice versa. That was such a great experience because I've learnt so many new words and I had to learn to think quick.

However, I also realised that I had a lot more to learn with regards to the language. There were many words that I didn't know....I also didn't know how to word my sentences properly......my grammar and vocabulary were probably messed up. Sigh~

I will definitely work harder to improve my language skills. 

I hope that many more similar opportunities will come my way!

It'd be interesting be work as an interpreter in various situations.

I really enjoyed my experience last Dec~ :D

No comments:

Post a Comment