Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Simple Life + Magnum ice cream

This was from my first meet up with Mari who was introduced to me by a friend from language exchange. She is here alone and so our mutual friend introduced her to me.

Since Mari is vegetarian, we had lunch at Simple Life in Mid Valley. My first experience~

I must say I was surprised, my pesto spaghetti was pretty good! It might look small in this picture but the portion is huge! I'm a big eater and I did finish my plate but the portion is definitely larger than some other places so it's good value for the price that you pay!

Also, their fruit drinks are pretty good. 

A shot of us~ It took many shots from random people to get a proper shot of us. The pictures were either blur or just really bad as in with just out faces and no background!

So thank you! To whoever took these 2 amazing shot! 

It would be a waste to not be able to see some of the nice Xmas deco in Mid Valley.

Next we headed to the famous Magnum cafe! 
'
We were lucky that the queue wasn't that long when we were there, so we only queued for 20 mins.

Look at that!! The number of toppings available!!


We went for the RM10 magnum ice cream that allowed us to choose the flavour of ice cream: vanilla or brownie, the chocolate coating and drizzle: white, milk or dark and a total of 4 different toppings!

The shop assistant dipping my ice cream into the warm chocolate.....

Ta-da! My masterpiece~~!

Brownie ice cream with dark chocolate coating and white drizzle, topped with pistachios, almonds and those tiny spheres of chocolate.

It was fun getting to customise my own ice cream and the flavours all worked well. I especially like that I get a thick coat of chocolate over the ice cream. However, I wish that the chocolate coating could harden into a crunchier coat over the ice cream that I'm used to with store-bought magnum. But overall, it was good!


No comments:

Post a Comment