Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Lunch buffet at Coffee Terrace, Genting

Went for lunch buffet at with Miss MC at the Coffee Terrace one day and were surprised to find that they actually serve a semi-buffet for lunch (RM38) rather than a full- buffet.

So how this works is that you will get 4 coupons and you can use it to order any food you like from any of the counters. Meanwhile, the appetisers and desserts section are free-flow.

Here's what we had.....we each took a plate of appetiser, followed by 5 hot dishes which we ordered from the different stations.

This was supposed to be ikan bakar but they just steamed the fish and topped it with sauce so it wasn't that good. This was from the Malaysian corner.

Some chicken stew with potatoes and mushrooms from the Chinese section.

Steamed tilapia with chilli, also from the Chinese section

This was my plate of appetiser, the bun was for the cream broccoli soup which was really good. The salad was pretty standard but there is a wide selection.

The cream broccoli soup~

Satay from the Malaysian section. I absolutely love the peanut sauce. It was served hot and with lots of peanut. I think I ordered this twice. Not sure about the ketupat because I didn't have any.

We also ordered Char Kuey Teow which was probably the best dish here! Super fragrant! I think the 2 of us finished the entire dish.

Miss MC's appetiser with cold cuts and cheese.

I was the only one who still had stomach for desserts after the meal.....
hehee....every girl's got a separate stomach for desserts right? 

My rainbow and chocolate ice cream topped with choc chips which tasted normal. I think they used Walls ice cream of not mistaken.

A small little brownie and lemon tart. Both tasted ok but could've been better.

As we were only 2 girls, we've tried our best but we still didn't finish all our vouchers.

~
~
~

I actually came back to this place for dinner buffet after our trip to Terengganu with D, H and W. 

Then again, on my last day in genting for lunch with the entire crew......about 15 of us?

Since I already knew that the char kuey teow was the best thing there, I went to order it immediately after taking my cream broccoli soup. While ordering, FH-san was nearby and looked interested in the dish too. So I told him to order the wat dan hor which is probably not available in Japan too and that I'll give him half of my char kuey teow. 

Back at the table, I gave him half of my order as he was just seated opposite from me and to return the favour, he gave me half of his -_-! which I really don't need because I wanted to save my stomach for other things. But oh well.....

So while tasting it, ST-san who was seated between us seemed interested in the dish too, especially since FH-san kept saying that the dish was really good! Eventually, he got everyone of them interested in it! Lol~

So for the next round, about 5 of them went to order it at the same time! hahaha....I'm not sure if will actually taste as good as the first one because the chef mass manufactured theirs for them! But they all said that it was super delicious. I think either MK-san or HK-san said that they hoped that they've discovered this dish earlier~ :D But MK-san definitely said that this was the best thing he had in Malaysia and he only discovered it on his last day!!!!


At that moment, I was thinking that if only we had more time for meals together....I would definitely introduce them to as many different Malaysian food as possible and hopefully not just fine in Genting next time! 

Then when it was time for desserts, as I was ordering ice cream, MK-san came to ask me what's the creamy looking stuff at the side there and only then did I realised that they serve cendol there. I had been telling MK-san and FH-san about Malaysian desserts like ABC and cendol while on our return journey back from Terengganu in the bus. But I didn't know where to get them.

Omg.....it was sooo difficult to explain the desserts to them. I said that they're like kakigoori (japanese shaved ice) but not exactly because there's lots of extra condiments. Then I had to explain what's in ABC and what's in cendol......and what are those jelly!!! gosh~ :o

I was super happy when I saw it! I immediately ordered 2 bowls for MK-san though he only asked to try one!!! But I need to get them to try it!!! Even though I'm not sure how good the taste will be!

I even asked for extra gula melaka for the cendol even though MK-san didn't really like sweet things as I felt that it's very Malaysian and definitely different from the japanese black sugar. However. he didn't seem shocked with the colours of the ABC. He shared the dessert with the others and they all said that the cendol was good, especially if you like coconut. As for the ABC, I'm not exactly sure how the entire bowl ended up with IK-san who had to finish the entire bowl by himself but he didn't seem to mind.

I ordered a bowl just for myself too and when I went back, their bowl of cendol had disappeared. MK-san who was just seated next to me on the next table really wanted some, so I scooped some out for him into his plate! I didn't know why he didn't just bring a bowl. Then KH-san who was seated opposite him became interested and asked if he could try some of mine......so he took not just one but like 3/4 spoons full! hahaha.....super cute, he was like oh, it's sooo good!

I'm just super happy that they enjoyed these very local dishes! If only there was more time but it was already the last day!! On their first few days here, I felt so bad that they weren't enjoying the food here and some of them just couldn't eat at all....... as we were all new there and didn't where we could or could not eat. Moreover, all the food were expensive!!

No comments:

Post a Comment