Thursday, July 16, 2015

Day 5: Touche Hombre

Next, we hopped off the bus at Queen Victoria's Market where we tried the famous borek.....
Really enjoyed the warm, crunchy pastry with the cheesy filling!

I could totally eat an entire one for a meal!

....and bratwurst!

This was surprisingly yummy too. I thought it was just going to be a normal hot dog bun but the bratwurst was grilled to perfection and the toppings went really well with it.

Shopping around, we found the smallest and cutest apple we've ever seen! 

Next up was the Melbourne exhibition centre~

Then we head towards DFO South Wharf for some shopping where I splurged at Lindt. After that we caught a tram to Touche Hombre for dinner with the boys~

Along the way, we spotted this! Look closely and you will see that these are not normal chairs, they're actually bicycles! What a great idea to make one exercise while they eat! hahaha......

~ ~ ~

Touche Hombre is a vibrant spot for Mexican tacos and cocktails, with exposed brick, hanging bulbs and art-lined walls. 

Address: 233 Lonsdale St, Melbourne VIC 3000, Australia

Website: http://touchehombre.com.au/food


We started with some starters which I no longer remember are called what now......


Tortilla Chips (AUD 10)

I really liked these thick and crunchy tortilla chips!

This skewered dish octopus and sausage dish was interesting too.

We ordered 4 soft shell tacos which costs about AUD 7 each. They were pretty good~


After dinner, it was time for some old-fashioned arcade games~

Judging from the smiles, we clearly enjoyed the game!

After that we walked over to some Taiwanese bubble milk tea place for some drinks and desserts.

As I'm not a fan of bubble milk tea, I ordered a waffle instead~ Not very good, I prefer the pancakes from pancake parlour over this any time.

In a blink of an eye, we have been friends for almost 15 years now.....

Got to know Peng through CYin when I was in Form 3 and he's just been a great friend to me.

I'm really happy to be able to catch up with him and Eric after their KL trip last year~


Thanks Pancy for this lovely collage~

No comments:

Post a Comment