Monday, November 7, 2016

Kamakura

Went on a day trip to Kamakura and Enoshima with Mish and YH during summer using the Odakyu Enoshima-Kamakura Freepass which costs us 1,470 yen each from Shinjuku.


This really helps save money as it covers a round trip from Shinjuku to Katase-enoshima and the Enoden, which travels between Kamakura and Enoshima.

First stop after we arrived at Kamakura was to find food!!!

We settled for this restaurant in the main street that was open and there wasn't any queue at that moment. 

Here's my shirasudon that came with both raw and boiled shirasu, ikura, hotate and salmon. It was the first time I tried raw shirasu and while that taste was ok, I didn't really enjoy it as much as the ikura or salmon. It tasted relatively bland in comparison.


Mish and YH both opted for the salmon and boiled shirasu don.


Us trying to get the perfect selfie.....heehee, look at our expressions


Yes, passed!


Next, we made our way to Tsurugaoka Hachimangu.

The beautiful genpei-ike.




Got myself an omikuji and was really pleased with the result~ :)


While it was sunny and hot that day, I really enjoyed the walk up the shrine.


As it was hot, we had some ice cream when we were back at the main street. 


Mish had the ice popsicle while YH and I ordered the mango shaved ice.

While it was refreshing, I felt that the portion was small and I don't really like fuwa-fuwa ice. I prefer ice that you can bite on.


Next up, the Great Buddha of Kamakura.


You can actually walk behind and enter the Daibutsu.


Us on the platform of enoden~


Blessed to have people to go travelling around with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment