Thursday, June 1, 2017

Izakaya near Waseda

At night, I followed Mish to Waseda to meet her uni mate at this Izakaya in Waseda that I've visited before back in 2013. 

Appetisers~
So happy to be finally able to try this Japanese vegetable called fuki (菜蕗) aka butterbur. When they served it on the table, it reminded of this dish that I saw in the movie shokubutsuzukan. I asked the waiter to check with the chef the name of the vegetable and yes, it's fuki~! :D


The buta kimchi dish that I had last time.


2 different kinds of karaage


Miso nasu~ sooooo goooood~!


Fried chicken with egg and onions

We ordered several dishes to share like a typical Chinese restaurant~

There we bounced into this lady whom I think I met back in 2013. I remember her face as she shared her food with me just because I shared her table. Plus I had her picture.

When I showed it to Mish and her friends, they too think that the lady there and the lady in the picture could've been the same person.

Fate~

No comments:

Post a Comment