Saturday, August 19, 2017

Eating Japan - Frozen (& packaged) food series 3

1. AEON boiled red beans

2. Nishisaya crab bisque chowder

Good for emergency meals. Bought this for rainy days when I have no groceries at home and couldn't go out to buy any. 


Usually seafood bisque sold in packages like these in Japan tastes good. 

3. Nishisaya lemon cream chicken curry

This curry here is light and refreshing. It also contains juicy other pieces of chicken meat. This goes really well with rice. 

4. Topvalu salmon flake

Bought this for my bento and they turned out to be extremely convenient. Every time when I needed something colourful or something extra as flavouring in my bento. I've finished one bottle now. 

5. Topvalu inariage 

Another very convenient item to have at home.  You can easily pack a bento box with this and rice alone. You can add in other ingredients if you wanna make it fancy. 

6. Hokkaido red beans

Bought 2 different packets of red bean - small and big. Good for making red bean soup. 

7. Topvalu chilled gyoza

Love these mini vegetable gyouzas which are good on their own as well as in bento. 

8. Topvalu arabiki pork wiener 

A very common item in bento here in Japan. After I started using them myself, I understood why.  They're convenient, looks good in a bento as you can easily change it's shape, taste good and they don't spoil easily. 

9. Sakura ebi agedama

Bought this here while in Shizuoka as recommended by my colleague. This here goes well with porridge. According to the package, you can add it to fried rice, yakisoba or soba.

10. Sakuraebi furikake

I bought this because I thought that it would be easy to include this in my meals. This turned out to be really good. I used this as seasonings for my fried rice and it was delicious. I think I can start investing in more sakura ebi items.

1. Chilled items from the Shizuoka fish market

These are items to be eaten with rice.  Sweet and salty......I love including them in my bento because they are flavourful and doesn't spoil easily. 

Here I have 2 packs of sakura ebi with walnuts. This I believe is the best possible combination. The one in the middle is katsuobushi with walnuts.

2. Katsuobushi

Last food item from Shizuoka fish market. I bought this because N said that this goes really well with rice. Mix this in a small bowl with a little bit of soy sauce, then topped this on rice. 

3. Topvalu nikuman and pizzaman 

This makes for a really warm and hearty breakfast on a cold day. Shall buy them again when the weather turns cold. 

4. Nishiya butter chicken

One can never go wrong with butter chicken in Japan. The taste is always pretty standard. 

5. Margherita pizza 

Frozen pizzas are life savers on a cold and lazy day. Again, nothing can go wrong with frozen pizza as the taste is usually good. 

6. Hormel foods spam

I saw the words 100% pork and thought that this must be good. 

It's good for use in bentos as it's very salty. Best to be eaten with rice and other condiments that are bland.

7. Arabiki pork weiner 

Yummy....I usually get this or the topvalu brand. 

No comments:

Post a Comment