Sunday, September 17, 2017

Girls day out in Ikebukuro

Hanged out with the girls at Ikebukuro and we basically just spent the entire day eating.

First stop was Din Tai Fung, where we got to enjoy good dim sum and Chinese tea that we all missed.


The pan fried radish cake was absolutely scrumptious. It's soo good that we ordered a second serving. 


While the fried rice that we had ordered was a pretty plain one, it was good too.


Of course, the star of the meal were the xiao long baos.


I never knew that there were so many different flavours such a hotate, kani miso, mentaiko, etc. And they were all really good. 


We also had some sui mai but I've never really enjoyed their version of siu nai before because I feel that the layer of dumpling skin right below the prawn is too thick and hard. 


After that we had some desserts too. Here's my ai yu bing to help cool me down on a hot summer day. 

As if we didn't already had enough food, after this we went for standing sushi and immediately after we went for Chinese food. 


Here are some of the food that we had at the restaurant.  

The fried man tou were a bit too oily. 


This salted egg yolk fried pumpkin was delicious. Definitely my favourite dish of the night! I miss the taste of salted egg yolk.


Yummy spicy prawns. The portion here is really big. 


Group pic with the pretty girls. 


We also ordered a mushroom soup that night. As I said the portion is huge so 1 order was sufficient for the 3 of us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment