Sunday, November 12, 2017

Jiyugaoka Exploration - Blue Books Cafe, café COCOOCEN, 鶏匠

Blue Books Cafe is a book cafe where you can enjoy food and read the books there freely. They also hold music event every now and then.



We were there for lunch and ordered their lunch sets.



I ordered the burger set while my friend ordered their grilled chicken lunch set. Overall the food here is just ok. Though it is nice that you can read the books freely in this cafe.



After that we explored around Jiyugaoka and decided to stop by Gontran Cherrier for some bread. At that time, they were having this matcha croissant which looked amazing~! We couldn't help but get one to share.



We also ordered this cute little melon pan.



I always enjoy the baked goods at Gontran because they always taste amazing and this time was no difference too~ I hope that they'll keep the matcha croissant in their menu.



As if what we had wasn't enough, we made a third stop at a Japanese cafe called café COCOOCEN, by the japanese confectionery shop 黒船 自由が丘本店 (Quolofune) for some tea time desserts.




I guess because the weather was super hot, we just wanted any reason we could get to go indoors and enjoy the air-conditioning.



I ordered their castella ice cream which is vanilla ice cream sandwiched between 2 thin layers of castella. The other is the castella french toast which came with 4 different kind of sauces.

I really enjoyed my order because of the hot weather. I would definitely love to revisit again in future to try more of their sweets.



After walking around some more, we finally ended up in 鶏匠 自由ヶ丘店 (Niwatori Jiyugaoka) for dinner. This day was definitely an achievement. This is our 4th restaurant in 7 hours.




This place serves raw chicken.



I really enjoyed the beautiful appetiser dish that was served to us at the beginning. The first dish that came was the chicken liver which was pretty raw for me and I was really scared to try it. I did try a small bite in the end and while it was acceptable to me, I dare not have the whole thing to myself. The second dish was the chicken tsukune with raw egg yolk sauce. This dish here is really good because while the sauce was amazing!



Next up, we had the more common yakitori, which is the grilled chicken with leek and garlic. Yummy~



Here we have the CHICKEN SASHIMI, which I guess is the highlight of this dinner. I was really scared to try raw chicken and only took a piece of each of the parts served. 



Next up is my favourite~ grilled mushrooms.



They had some interesting things on their menu too, like grilled chicken with some sauces that were more commonly used for western dishes. We ordered one just to try too.



Lady's finger with spicy miso was something that was new to me too.



We were seated by the bar and got a nice view of the master grilling our food.



heehee.....first time trying grilled zucchini with onion sauce at a japanese restaurant.



A last order of grilled chicken to end the night~! 
:D

No comments:

Post a Comment