Saturday, February 24, 2018

Autumn foliage in Aoyama

Chong and I went to Meiji Jingu Shrine and as with last year around Nov, they had this chrysanthemum festival on the way to the shrine. The flowers are super pretty and they're huge compared the ones that we usually see!
 

I also like the miniature versions. Here is one of the Japanese festival shichi go san.

Spotted this at the entrance of the shrine and I love the colour! I was surprised by how big it was!!!

Here's my face for comparison

After that, we strolled along Omotesando and went to Dean and Deluca to grab some cakes for tea break.

I also enjoy their bake items because they're really very good! And they always come up with new items.

This one here is the best scone I've ever had!!! It's caramel flavoured and has such a lovely texture that's different from the usual scone. Also, it's flavourful and tastes good when eaten on it's own.

After tea break, we went to Aoyama dori for the autumn foliage. 

I came here last year too and this time, there were less people because it was drizzling on the day we were there,

Even though the weather wasn't that great, it didn't affect our mood one bit. We still enjoyed the autumn colours!

I really got to thank Chong for all these beautiful pictures. When I came here last year, I was alone, so I didn't have anyone to snap any pictures for me.

Before heading back, we stopped by eggcellent for some egg tarts. I got their special creme crulee version which was like an ice cream creme brulee. It was cold and hard but I really enjoyed the burnt sugar on the egg tart.

Another very fun day with Chong~ 

No comments:

Post a Comment