Tuesday, June 5, 2018

Day in Asakusa & Ueno

First time trying out an even organised by TYO at the Asakusa tourist information centre.


I must say I was impressed as the event that I joined which was a Japanese dance event was well organised. Best part of all, it was completely free. A perfect way for tourist to get first hand experience of traditional japanese culture. They should definitely organise more of these kinds of events!


After that, I went to Asakusa temple with K and got myself a Daikichi omikuji!!! :D

As we walked around the temple grounds, we also spotted a show by a very talented and smart monkey.


These pears are seriously huge and I'm always super tempted to buy them but every time I spot them, I'm on the way to do something which will last the whole day.

We walked all the way from Asakusa to Ueno to grab dinner.


After that, we wanted to get some yakiniku for dinner but ended up at this super expensive place which we only ordered these 2 plates before deciding that we need to change restaurants.


We then went to the nearby grilled seafood place.


First time trying kani miso and I really like it. It was super flavourful and filled with umami!


Lol, K can never not order fried chicken!


Grilled prawns which were yummy~


This item here was a huge surprise. Who knew that a seafood place would serve yummylicious onion rings?


We also ordered this squid to be grilled and it was absolutely delicious!!! 

I would definitely love to be back to have more grilled seafood!
a

No comments:

Post a Comment