Monday, June 9, 2008

Steven's corner

Have you been on a taxi whose driver tells you that the ride was "FREE OF CHARGE" once you've arrived at your destination before???

I did....this morning!!! What a weird experience!

Jas, Tham, Ursula and I decided to go to Steven's corner for lunch today....a first for Ursula and I. Had always wanted to go there because I heard that they serve some really delicious cheese nan. I seriously have no idea what a nan is....but if it's good food, I wanna try it!!!

Yea, so we took this taxi which stopped right at my uni's gate and I took to passenger seat. Soon after, the taxi driver, a chinese man in his forties or fifties, started speaking to me in English.

He asked if we're going out for breakfast and said we're soooo rich! So I told him, no....it's a first for us to go there and we're poor students with no money!

He then asked if I could buy him breakfast!!! and I just laughed! He joked and said, "Don't laugh la, if not I will be shy." errr......like what does he expect me to reply???

So weird, he kept saying that I'm like his gf because I'm seated in front and that I should buy him a meal.....

I told him that I was seated in front because I had no choice! If I were given a chance I would want to sit at the back! Plus that bfs should be the one buying gfs meal, not the other way round.

He then asked me, "What if the bf is poor?"

Me: Then he shouldn't have gf in the 1st place!

haaha.....at that time I was thinking it would be so weird to buy your taxi man a meal.....plus I already said I'm a poor student!

Then he asked sooo many personal questions like, what are my parent's jobs, how to pay for school fees.....blah blah blah.....

For every question that he asked, I just joked back with him la....no harm what!

I know the guy's a Christian because I saw a Nelson's Bibble and a book about "Love & Jesus" in his car. So he couldn't be that bad.........kua........???

He was talking about blessing and doing good deeds. So I told him that what we should really do right now is help those who were affected by the cyclone and earthquake!!! And he told me those were acts of Gods!!

Soon, he continued asking me to buy him breakfast again and I told him, "How about I give you a candy?" And he showed me a candy a passenger gave him and showed me a rm1 bill which had been folded into a heart shape, telling that his customer was sooo nice to give him that when she had received it from a guy.

I told him maybe it's because it's a gift from a guy she has no feelings for and couldn't wait to get rid of it!!!

*Strike one!!* from Mel haaha......kidding

Ya, when we finally arrived at Steven's corner, he told us the ride was FOC!!!

*SHOCKED*

Told him that it's not good because he's doing business but he insist and we said we insists too...

Gave him a 50bill and he didn't take it, gave him a 10bill and he told us it's on him and that he was blessing us! Finally, I found a rm5 bill to pay him which he didn't want to take........I just left it there for him and told him, "God bless you too!"

Once we got down, everyone was shocked and felt kinda weird. Tham and Ursula were saying that they didn't know what to answer him if there were in my place. I just simply joked back with him!

Tham said that when he told us it was FOC, she felt weird and decided to open the door but it can't be opened and it scared her a bit......but luckily the door on the other side opened~ haaha.....

That was seriously very weird......how can he earn if he keeps giving ppl free rides???

Anyways, the 4 of us went mad at Steven's corner.....we ordered 8 different dishes and 3 drinks!!! 2 nasi goreng ayam rendang, 1 nasi lemak ayam and 1 nasi goreng ayam with 1 roti cheese, roti john, roti tisu and 1 ice kacang including 1 mango lassi, 1 teh tarik and 1 coffee. Mad or not??? We're only 4 girls!!!!

I bet the waiter was like thinking we've never seen food before!!!

Sorry la....I sakai ba....because I've only had roti telur with bawang before and not roti cheese!!! The long awaited cheese nan was not available!!!! ahhh~~~~~ Plus I also never had roti john or roti tissue before! I't's not weird ok.....just that I never had the chance to really try Malaysian mamak food. I think they serve these in Brunei too.....but maybe not the cheese nan or roti cheese.

I would love to try those malay rice dishes.....nasi briyani???not the yellow one.....I dunno what it's called....the green colour rice one?? ...next time!

Was sooo happy when the roti cheese came!!! ahhh....sooo much cheese inside!! If only there were more cheese.....then it would be more heavenly!!!

Yummy!

Then the roti John......Hi John!!! I thought I ever tried roti John before during Sea Games that time....stole a bit from Pancy's one, but no.....this one is totally different!!!! Must be different Johns....


Then the roti tissue!!! Too sweet for my liking but nonetheless something worth trying.


Our bill = 40!!!

Ppl from the other table was like staring at our table wondering why there were sooo many food!! haahaa........lol! When you eat with Mel, you eat at LARGE!!! hahaha

For the return ride, we had this really fierce taxi driver! When Ursula asked him to go straight, which he missed, he complained that we should've told him earlier in a harsh and grumpy tone and said we all kept chit-chatting at the back seat only!!!! What's with taxi drivers today man??

During lunch there's this man selling DVD who said that we could look for him if there's anything wrong with the disc. He said he's there everyday and when I asked him what's his name, he told me "Leng chai!"(handsome guy).......I told him, every single guy on the street is called "leng chai"!...so he said his name is Ah Geong??

I wanna launch a complain to this Ah Geong for bad business ethics ah!!! Don't buy from this man!!! He told us that the dvd was for the whole drama series.....however I received an sms from Ursula, telling me that there's only 10 episodes in it! I checked mine, and there also only 10 episodes!!!!




Yea, anyways....here's a happy news. My cousin sister just gave birth to a baby girl today!!!!! Another gal gal to call me Auntie!!!! haaha....... :D

Oh and here's a pic of my aunt's Bday celebration last Sat.
Lastly, water fountain!!! haaha

Was driving to uni when I saw the pipes burst...so while walking to uni, I stopped to take this pic! Lol

No comments:

Post a Comment