Monday, January 14, 2019

Isaac Toast

First thing we did the next morning was to grab breakfast at the infamous Isaac toast. 


Needless to say, when we arrived,  the place was packed with tourists. 


As they make their sandwiches upon order, you do have to wait a little for them to be ready but it's with the wait as they were delicious.


J had the pork patty while I ordered the shrimp one. I love how they have a layer of cabbage in there and that they slab a layer of butter on the bread  before cooking it on the flat grill.


I also liked that the bread is thick and comes with the sides. It's hard to get fresh sandwiches of this size in Japan. Plus this is really flavourful.


We dropped by their convenient store too to check out their food section. I found this interesting hibiscus drink and it was surprisingly good. It has a slight sour taste to it.


We also saw how much all the instant food on Jeju air actually costs. Lol


I'm pretty I'm impressed with their pre- packaged food as they looked good and delicious.  Some of their bentos looked bigger, better and cheaper than the ones in Japan too.


I bought this interesting snack from the konbini to try.  Can't read so I'm not sure what it is but I assumed that it was ginko nuts dipped in some flavoured crumbs and then fried. Boy, was this package heavy! The taste requires some time to get used to but it was good overall. 


No comments:

Post a Comment