Sunday, August 3, 2008

03/08/08


It's a new month again! It seems to my that July just flew past.....
.
Initially, I thought that no semester could be worse that last sem. This is because we've been having mid-terms, tests and lab tests from wk 5/6 till wk14!
.
This semester, we'e been having mid-terms, tests and pop quizzes from wk4 till now....wk11, and it's still on going!
.
Besides that, gotta decided on a topic for my final year project & gotta write proposals. There's not much medical related topics, I think most of the topics relate more to Biotechnology. Also, there are students from Biotech, Biochem and Biomed fighting for the topics!
.
Initially I really wanted to do the AIDS topic but after hearing that someone else is really interested in it too and that they lecturer is only taking 1 student for that topic, I decided to pick others. Plus, I've found other more interesting topics after chatting with the lecturers.
.
At the mo' I've got my top 3 topics even though we're supposed to pick 6, but I think the most important one are the top 3 choices. I'm really hoping I get my top choice. Haven't filled up my form yet, because I still haven't made up my mind yet on which one to put as the 1st choice.
.
Got one proposal done and I'm still wondering if I should do another proposal for another topic....just in case....because certain topics are really HOT!!! yea, like SUPER HOT!!! .ahhhh......stress level building up!
.
Then I've got this Instrumentation lab report which I haven't done. I got sooo much problem in trying to plot the stupid histogram! The first time I tried, I spent 1 hour just to plot 1 histogram!!! and it's done using a software!!!! I always have no luck with these computer programs! We just don't click!
.
Then I spent like a few more hours to plot.....like 15 histograms eventhough we only need 6! I keep finding problems in them.
.

~~~~~~
.
I'm starting to enjoy poppin' more tha hiphop though I love both. As long as I don't have to do complicated leg movements in poppin', I'm happy. We're now doing body rolls/waves.
.
Oh yeah! *swings her head to the left* Uh-huh! *swings her head to the right* and Wooh! my hair looks horrible! *fixes hair* Yea! *continues swinging again*
.
Yea, that's like my routine in class now...haaha.....swing, swing, swing and then suddenly I'll realised my hair looks super messy from all the flipping and swinging.
.
Then sometimes I swing too hard and felt like I'm loosing my balance.....
.
Plus I seem to have problem swinging from the left.....
.
~~~~~
.
Yesterday we had a 2 hour hiphop class and so I'm now.....super tired!! Muscles aching and worst of all...my head hurts!!!
.
Z taught us how to do cartwheels and er....how to roll on the floor???
.
It's soo hard!!! I've never done a cartwheel before in my entire life!! and now and this age!!! I have to learn how to do a cartwheel!
.
I'm a chicken! Super scared that I'm going to hurt myself. Never would I do anything like this if I were on my own.
.
But when you're in a class, your instructor is asking you to do it and everyone's doing it and I'm like.....”ahhh.....go!!!”
.
The first time I tried it, I ended up on the floor.
.
How do people keep their legs up and how to they finish standing???
.
Bravo! To those who can do it!
.
Z taught us to do the carthweel from one side and later asked us to do the reverse!!! I can't even do one properly and now I have to do the reverse.....super scared la! Cuz I'm like used to the other side already! And I looked like an idiot, just placed my hand on the floor and moved my legs!!! ahhhh....
.
But, comparing the cartwheel to the floor roll....the floor roll is worser. My poor head! Till now the top of my head hurts!!!
.
When Z first taught me, it's still ok, thought it's not exactly what he asked for.....at least, when you do it slowly and not get it right, I only hit different parts of my body on the floor....and of course it hurts!!! It hurts the most when you roll sideways accidentally and all your weight will be on one shoulder!
.
The most painful part is when you have to do it fast and Ok Go! And POP!! Ouch! You bang your head directly on the floor! And you're squatting down there but you have to finish it....but because of the knock on your head, you're now scared and you do it slowly...but you knock your head on the floor again anyways!!!
.
The knock on the head after you have rolled is not as pain as the one when you're about to roll and ready to throw your weight, and once you lift your legs....you're head hits the ground first and you can't roll over beccause you're in the wrong position.
.
I seriusly felt like crying after a few rolls....soo painful!
.
I now regret that I've never tried these when I was younger!!!
.
Had 3 guys out of the 12 of us yesterday and they could do it real fast! I think being a guy gives you an advantage because:
you probably would've tried it before
you're braver
not as scared as girls of physical pain
you just go!
.
Yea, but it's good la, at least I now know.....hopefully.....that in the near future....with practice........I can do a proper cartwheel! :D
.
I just pray that we don't have to do back flips!!!
.

No comments:

Post a Comment