Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Tenji

After having wanted to try it for soooo long, I finally tried Tenji Japanese Buffet. I've been wanting to try it ever since it opened for business last year. As I always browse through food blogs, I read many of the reviews. Initially the reviews were pretty good adn soon after mixed reviews started popping up. But I still decided to go for it anyways as I was really excited for their desserts section....HD, BR and Kindoori....all together!! Yum~

5 of us went there last Sat....all excited to try out the tasty food there, esp. the DESSERTS!

Unfortunately, it was a let down for all of us. Sure there was a lot of variety and the food was well spread out around the area. But I definitely prefer quality over quantity. The Japanese section was small and so-so. Nothing to should about there. Ordred tempura soft shell crabs whcih were not that crispy, teppanyaki prawns which came too salty and teppanyaki boneless chicken meat which was also SALTY.....

The sushis looked ok, but I only had one ebikko and it was nice. Sashimi...only took the sake and it was ok too. Didn't try the oysters but I heard it wasn't fresh. The scallops were not cold enough but the big and small boiled prawns were ok. The idako was horrible!!! The sauce was too thick and the idakos were chewy like rubber!!! The gilled fishes didn't taste nice either. Also there were no unagi. Nande???

The one thing that I like was that they have takoyaki and okonomiyaki!!

Skipped their cold noodles, western section and the dimsum section.

Headed to the chinese area where I ordered some scallops and cod fish. The cod fish was so super thinly sliced....but well yea.....it's an expensive fish. It was definitely over steamed as the meat was hard!! The scallops were un-eatable!!! Well there was only 2 small scallops with some vermicelli noodles. I had to spit the noddles out because it tasted too horrible...and I had to wash down the after taste with some chinese herbal soup.

As for the desserts, there was only 4 flavours of BR, 5 flavours of HD and some selection of fruits for K. I'm no expert in HD but someone said that the ice cream tasted different from normal.

The cakes were a disappointment. They looked pretty on the shelves and they had a number of variety but the taste was only so-so and some were....pretty bad! The new york cheese cake, durian cheese cake and small pumkin tart taste nice though.

Another huge let down was that theay don't serve marshmellow of strawberries with their  chocolate fountain! But the hazelnut biscotti was nice eventhough I heard that the other biscuits didn't taste that great.

Well at least they served nice baby coconuts and you can also order some cheap cocktails.

Luckly we paid a promotional price of around 58 instead of the normal price for it. But still....the buffet could have been much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment