Thursday, January 15, 2015

Day 3 of conference

Started the day with a fish burger from MOS burger right in the research institute itself! Super jealous~ why you no come to Malaysia? hahaha.....good burger, love that they added lots of crunchy shredded cabbage in it. Oh, and I love the bun!



Day 3 was also the day for the Gala dinner. The dinner was held at the Taipei World Trade Centre and the dinner hall was absolutely stunning. At the 33rd floor, the view was amazing! Plus, I love how they always have some sort of live music for the guests. 



At my table are a bunch of researchers from Taiwan, a medical researcher from Thailand, PI from Korea and 2 other Malaysian girls. The PI requested for a group pic and took out his selfie stick! How cool is that? Even I don't have one! hahaha....



After dinner, I immediately rushed to GU because I knew that there was one outlet nearby and I wanted to get some clothes. I haven't been able to shop much as most shops at the night market does not allow trying. Plus most shops were into Korean fashion. Arrived there 15 mins before they closed and still managed to grab 4 items! Super happy~!!

Checked on goggle map and found that it was only a 30min walk back to where I stayed......so I decided to make walk instead of taking the MRT. It was probably not a very safe option at 10+pm. But I decided to walk anyway because there were still many people on the streets and I got to see what other shops were there along the way! 

Really enjoyed the walk as the weather was cooling, but my feet was sore to the max by the time I arrived at my place, no thanks to the heels.... >_<


That night Taipei 101 was green. Did you know it changes colour every night?


No comments:

Post a Comment