Sunday, July 12, 2015

Day 4: DOC Pizza & Mozzarella Bar

We went for early dinner before heading back home at DOC Pizza & Mozzarella Bar which was highly recommended by Yin.

Address: 22 Main Street, Mornington 3931

It was still early, but the place was packed and as much as we'd like a seat inside as the sun was setting and it was glaring outside, there was none! 

So al fresco dining it is!!!!

While the environment is really nice, I could feel the sun burning the back of my neck!

Here's what we ordered:

Scamorza (smoked mozzarella) with DOP San Daniele Prosciutto (AUD25.2)

Omg~~~ the smoked mozzarella was sooooo GOOD! It was warm, oozy, slightly salty, stringy and that smoky aroma..... *melts*

I'm totally in love with this and can't get enough of it!!!! Where can I get this is Malaysia??


Vegetable Lasagne with smoked mozzarella, bechamel & summer greens (AUD19.8)

I love love love lasagne, as does garfield! We'd make such good lunch partners~

This one here is delicious~ though I don't really enjoy the rocket salad. 
Rocket seems to be very popular in Melbourne as most salads come with it. 

Pizza Abruzzese with porchetta, jujube fruit mustard, mozzarella & radicchio (AUD23)

Ordered this because we've never tried this combination of flavours on a pizza. Jujube fruit mustard? Radicchio? I don't think I've tried either....but everything really worked well together and the taste was good. The jujube fruit mustard was slightly sweet and I like it with the radicchio.

Nutella calzoncino with vanilla bean ice cream (AUD13.1)

Warm nutella oozes out as you slice the calzone in half.....you get the picture~ 

Warm chocolate with cold ice cream = match made in heaven!

My second fav meal since the Greek dinner at Dion.



No comments:

Post a Comment