Saturday, July 2, 2022

Last meals in Akita

For dinner, we went to Tsukenen TAKEMOTO Shouten (竹本商店 つけ麺開拓舎), a place that J used to visit when he was in Akita.



Look at the inside of this ramen shop!


Feels like a festival is going on with all the lanterns.


As you can tell from the name, this place is famous for Tsukemen, specifically their lobster broth tsukemen.


Other than lobster broth, they also have other seafood broths e.g. Niboshi (煮干し) and Gyokai tonkotsu, which is a ombination of seafood and pork broth.

I ordered their lobster broth ramen. The broth has a strong flavour which I enjoyed.


They also serve gyoza, which were yummy!


Dinner pic with T&I family! After dinner, we drove back to to return the rental car.


On our drive back from Oga, we stopped by a bakery called ボンヌ (Bonne) as I wanted to buy cakes for Irywn to celebrate his birthday.


At the same time, I also bought some cakes for myself for breakfast the next morning. I got these 2 fruit and chocolate cake from Bonne, which were simple looking but yummy.


For early lunch on our final day in Akita, we went to Local Kitchen Rails Akita (ローカルキッチンレイルズアキタ), near the station.


We ordered the Rails steak plate (1,480 JPY) and a tomato pasta with chicken meatball and mushroom (850 JPY).


While the steak was delicious, I think that the pasta was not worth ordering as the taste was only so-so and you can easily make better or find better tasting ones elsewhere.


As we still had some time to spare after that, J and I went to PRONTO Akita OPA (プロント 秋田オーパ店) to chill and have some dessert while T&I went shopping.


I tried their matcha basque cheesecake (530 JPY) and brulee in baum (450 JPY) for the first time. The matcha basque cheesecake was dense and rich in matcha, which I love The brulee in baum was interesting because it was my first time trying it While it was yummy, it was very sweet! Probably better with a cup of hot tea or coffee without sugar.


After desserts, it was time to catch our shinkansen back home!


But before we leave, a picture with Akita-ken.


Cheers to more trip to explore new places in Japan!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment