Sunday, April 21, 2013

Kobe trip- Harbour area

Kobe is the fifth largest city in Japan, which explains why the city is so packed.

From Rokko, we took the Hankyu line to Kosokukobe (290yen). Once you exit, you will immediately see Duo Kobe.


Really long escalator from the station to Duo Kobe




Shopped along Duo Kobe, Promena Kobe and Ha.Re, on the way to Canal Garden and Mosaic at Harbourland where we got all these shots.

I was carrying soo many things because at I bought almost 11kyen worth of clothes at Duo Kobe. 
:(
 fly money fly~ Bought a blazer, skirt-pants, shoes, sweater and some blouses.

And I chose such a 'nice timing' to go shopping for clothes! Knowing that we would be spending the night in a manga kissa and the next day we would be going for concert. So we will be putting our things in   lockers everywhere before going back to the hotel!! ahh.....plus all the extra weight that I had to carry~


Cross the road and enter the mall opposite this interesting building and you will find a 100yen Can Do shop.



New mall - UMIE (ウミエ) , not all the shops are open yet.

This type of concept, reminds me of Publika.




So funny, while walking through here, I overheard a girl talking about Kis-My-Ft2 to her boyfriend at a cafe nearby. I was trying to eavesdrop on what she was saying but we were too far...... Lol, it's like I have a Kisumai radar in me.

What a special escalator......I think I took one too at a different mall.

There's a nana's green tea store (http://www.nanaha.com/) here. It was on my to try list....but I was too full!! :( 
Saw it again at another mall 2 days later, but I just had dinner too!! :(
It's ok, I read that they have a branch in Singapore too, so I will try the one in Sg instead.

Finally at the harbour. 


So pretty, there are actually a lot of nice buildings in Kobe.

Oriental Hotel


Hotel La Suite Kobe Harbourland


I think if you could afford it, should definitely stay at either of these hotels because the views will be magnificent at night or during sunrise/sunset!

Kobe Cruise

There are several cruise that one can take here. Different cruise provide different services and take different routes.

One such is the Kobe Concerto (http://www.kobeconcerto.com/English/)! Live music, beautiful scenery and nice food on a cruise......PERFECT!!! If I have more time next time, I will go for it!

Yokoso, Kobe Tower  (http://www.kobe-meriken.or.jp/port-tower/).
 This tower was completed in 1963. 

A very nice guy helped snap this pic and he couldn't help but tease my cousin. So cute~ ppl here are so nice.


So pretty....it will light up at night~

My attempt at a panoramic shot


It costs 600yen to go up the tower. Buy your ticket from the ticket machine and up you go~

Once you enter, you will see a compilation of all the towers in Japan.


Kobe Meriken Park in the back and that fancy building is the maritime museum. hmm....Lot's of similar rectangular extensions in the background. No time to explore all of them this time. There's just so much to see in this area considering Kobe Port is Kansai's busiest port.


I'm moving anti-clockwise around the tower as I'm snapping these pics.


Kobe City. We were at the mountains behind just in the morning and now we're at the port.


Love Key anyone? Many of these towers have areas like these targeted towards couples.


Mosaic was where we came from to get to this tower.


Trying to get some nice shots but my flash kept flashing at unnecessary moments.




As with all high towers, they have this......

There are also restaurants that you can dine at here, but we had to make our way back to Sannomiya before dark cuz we weren't sure if we would be able to get a place at the manga kissa (just in case). Cuzzie would really love to see the tower light up at night, so much that she thought of travelling back here at night alone.

But off we go~ back to the city.....

No comments:

Post a Comment