Sunday, April 28, 2013

Kyoto - Tetsugaku no michi and okonomiyaki lunch

Cuzzie's softbank stopped working due to to our fault for wanting to save on Iphone battery and switched off the data plan....hence, resulting in us not having any service. So that morning, I immediately sent an email to my friend to tell him that I will be wearing bright pink shoes and carrying a bright pink bag.....as clues to recognizing me. 

Lol.....It's not that easy to meet people at an unknown place without phone ok. Also because stupid ppl like me never read his email properly to check which exit to meet at, we just simply went out at one exit (which was the wrong exit). 

When we didn't find anyone that looked familiar, I suggested that we move to the other exit. There a small kid (friend's daughter) came up to ask if I'm Melissa. Soo cute~ Lucky his wife and kids found us! At that time, he was looking for us around the station. 

I felt so bad for the trouble I've caused. From Demachiyanagi station we took a bus to another place.....where we walked along the Philosopher's path aka Tetsugaku no michi (哲学の道).


See this cute Kyoto city bus pass, courtesy of my friend. Thanks so much for getting us these passes.

Along the path are a lot of sakura trees, probably the most I've ever seen.






The lovely family who brought us around.


Sakura ice cream anyone? Pretty yummy and slightly salty.

Cute kids~



Everything looks sooo pretty.

The water is so clear.....


Beautiful flower seems to bloom everywhere.....even at the most random places.


Simmered bamboo with konnyaku....probably couldn't find this anywhere else. Interesting~


Traditional sweets~


Stopped by a nearby shrine where we took out omikuji. Mine wasn't so good, so up it goes onto a branch of a tree in the temple grounds.

Lunch at an okonomiyaki place, courtesy of the lovely family again. Yay for japanese hospitality!!







Yakisoba~

I really wanna know what are these called~ Sooo pretty!!

No comments:

Post a Comment