Sunday, July 10, 2016

Third day in Kanazawa


My last day in Kanazawa.

Checked out of the hostel and placed my luggage in the station locker before going for lunch.

I ended up at Tomikinton in Kanazawa Forus.

This here is the Tonchazuke set which came with thick cut fried pork cutlet that's topped with cooked cabbage and drenched in a fragrant yuzu sauce (1,380 yen). It was the first time I had yuzu with my fried pork cutlets but it was super good and since it was a chazuke, I got to enjoy the meal 3 different ways again!!! :D


After lunch, I decided to walk to Kanazawa castle instead of taking the bus because I thought that it'd make a good after lunch walk~


Look at the number of students out in the park picnicking!


Kanazawa castle was smaller than I had imagined, but still beautiful nonetheless.




Beautiful in white~

The weather was really hot and sunny on that day and there's not a single cloud in sight!

After that, it was almost time for my wagashi taiken class~

So I went and treated myself to a nice green tea + black sesame ice cream cone before heading to class.....

Here are the different wagashi that were on the list that day. We'll only be making the three on the right.

I attended a session at the Ishikawa Prefectural Products Center. 

Address:2-20 Kenrokumachi, Kanazawa, Ishikawa Prefecture 920-0936, Japan

You need to book for this in advance. Check out the website for more details: http://kanazawa-kankou.jp/wagashi/


I paid 1,230 yen for the class.

We each got a set of pre-made stuffs on our bench. All we had to do was follow the teacher's instructions and mold them to the correct shape.

Here's mine! Not too bad right? hahahaa.....

I really enjoyed myself in the class. Would definitely attend another one in the future. The wagashi was really good too. I had all except the purple one which I gave to S. Interesting flavours for me as I've never had them before.....but they went sooo well with my earl grey tea~


After that, I wanted to go to Kenrokuen, but the sun was just tooo hot! Instead, I stopped by Kenjyotei for their matcha set (600 yen), that came with gold sprinkled on top of the matcha!



The matcha was good and so was the wagashi that came with it. For me, I guess the best thing was the view~


After that, I slowly walked back to the station. 

I might have missed Kenrokuen this time round, but I will definitely be back in the future~


From Kanazawa Forus, you get a really great view of the station~


Dinner that night was at SHIROKU again~ I really love the food there. This time I got their 海の彩りおひつごはん (Umi no irodori ohitsu gohan), 999 yen.


After that, I went back to the station to collect my luggage and waited for my bus back to Tokyo. This time I booked the VIP Liner and it was the best bus I've never taken! Omg.....it was super comfortable.....

The seat was almost fully flat bed, there's TV with both english and japanese movies, USB charger, head phones and privacy curtains~!!!! LOVE IT~!!!!

Lol, the only omiyage I got from Kanazawa was this chazuke set in monaka which I bought from the Ishikawa Prefectural Products Center using the 500 yen voucher that I received from my wagashi taiken class. This set here costs 594 yen and since I had the 500 yen voucher, I only paid 94 yen.

Overall, Kanazawa has been fun and I had so many good food that I had there~

No comments:

Post a Comment