Sunday, February 14, 2021

Stay home period


Staying home had me starting to grow some edible plants at home.


When it was first announced that we will go into the state of emergency, food was gone from the supermarket shelves. Mainly, bread, instant noodles and fresh produce. 


Even when the stocks came back, there are still sections which were empty for weeks such as butter and cake flour. One reason is because kids were away from school and parents had been stocking up on these items for baking activities at home.


We did furasato nozei, and our items arrived during this time too.


This here is the Kobe beef for suiyaki. Sooo much fat in each piece and each piece is huge! Might not look like a lot here but this is totally enough for 2 person.


I also started buying groceries online. One reason was because it was hard to get groceries as fresh produce was missing for some time and queues were long when I am able to go on a weekend. So it was just easier to pay for a subscription to a company that will deliver groceries to you at a fixed time each week.


While the service wasn't very user friendly, as you are not allowed to pick which day of the week you want it to be delivered or the time. So it is tough when you are not home. Also you need to plan about 3 weeks in advanced as that was when you need to cancel your delivery. You get to pick your items a week before, but to stop or resume the service, you need to do it 3 weeks earlier. 

I was home for about 3 months, literally just at home as I didn't step out for anything. As work was also busy at that time, I didn't feel to bad to be staying in. Also, J was there to help when we needed to bring out the trash or buy things from outside. Looking back, I am still surprised that I was able to do what I did but at that time, I was really hoping that we could all stay home to bring down the numbers quickly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment