Wednesday, December 17, 2008

17/12/08

Bday celebrations~~~

We had a huge Bday celebration today.... no, it's not double, triple or quadruple.....It's a quintuple celebration!!!

Happy Bday to all the December babies!!!


The candles are arranged that way because 1 is turning 20, 3 turning 22 and 1 is turning 23! haaha.....

We went to Dominos for lunch to celebrate Jasmine, Ursula, Chien Wei, Yuen Loon & Seng Hong's Bday!
Everyone looks happy to see the cake! Either that or they're hungry/ tired from all the lab work!

Crazy man~~ all along the long table, we were all chatting in groups and each with a different topic. Oh did I mention we were really loud??? and we laughed really loudly too! Till the staff had to ask us to lower down out volume because they couldn't listen to the other end of the phone line.

We were thinking that since there's 14 of us, we ordered 2-Xtra large, 2-Large, 1-Medium pizza with 1-garlic bread, 1-choc indulgence and 3 huge bottles of soft drinks. Actually all these came in 2 combo meals.

I seriously thought we could finish the 2 combo meals easily.....piece of cake! so we ordered 1-Xtra large pizza as side order. Plus since we have 3 boys there. And boy, was I wrong!

The Xtra large pizza was really really huge.....just 1 piece and it's already quite filling!!! and we ordered 2 Xtra large summore!!! Plus we ordered the really cheesy types, with extra cheese on crusts.

I like stuffed 3 pizzas......yes, stuffed!! who would have thought it'd be sooo filling!!! Cuz I normally order delivery and I can take 1/2 of the thin crust one myself.

We had quite a number of slices left over.....because I think girls couldn't eat that much and also SL was saving her stomach for her Japanese buffet at Jogoya at night!

Then muscle man only ate 1 & 1/2 slice!!! Hello, I ate 3, 2 Xtra large and 1 Large!!!

Kept forcing the other 2 guys to eat up!! I think AA swallowed 5 and the champion of the day-CW who ate 6. Poor guys~~~

In the end we STILL had 2 Xtra large slices and 1 pack of choc indulgence left!!!

Reminer to self: next time order enough for 2 slice per person only!!!! and nothing more!!!

Yay!!! *claps*
.
~~~Lab work~~~
.
ARGH!!
.
Christmas is only a week away~~~
and a few of my course mates have finished their FYP!!!
.
Unfair~~ *sniff*
.
Me?
I'm still on biochemical tests.....hope to finish up all the necessary tests as soon as possible and then run TLC + bioautography and then done!
.
SL & I could work a lot faster if only we had the laminar air flow and enough tubes......
.
Sadly, there's too many of us and we had to share everything and many are also at the same stage now and thus using all the same equipments.
.
Plus, I overheard from friends that who also overheard that we've gone over our budget for the fyp.
.
Is that possible?? I mean for my project....I'm using simple things......nothing of the expensive enzymes/ primers/ solutions which costs $$$$.
.
I think ppl in charge should really allocate and do the accounts properly.
Plus order the right things in the right amount!
.
~~~~~~~~~
.
Got pretty upset yesterday in the lab.....
SL & I are always quite unlucky at times.....
.
We work together to prepare our things because we don't wanna be take up all the equipments meant for everyone under the same supervisor/ take up too many slots for the laminar air flow.
.
But so far only SL & I and U & J are working together to prepare stuffs.
.
A lot of things just weren't going our ways in the lab, autoclave room and decon room.
.
Things that we need are always unavailable to us but somehow others seem to be able to get them.......
and lots of other things too......
.
We came up with the conclusion that our l.o (lab officer) hates us!!
.
We can never get the things we want!
.
~~~~~~~
.
Something really funny happened yesterday......
.
Few days ago, I asked for a new loop. It's just a loop man, how much does it cost???? gosh!!!
I didn't manage to get 1 from the l.o
.
Then yesterday, I asked for a innoculating needle......
l.o-no needle!
.
.
.
mel- no, needle??? then where do I get one?
l.o- cut the loop!
mel- cut off the loop??? er...then can i have a new loop?
l.o- no..
mel- huh?
l.o- no more loops!
mel- so if i cut off my loop to make it into a needle, i won't have anymore loop....?
l.o- *look at me* *nods*
mel- oh ok....
.
.
.
What the heck???
Sooo stupid!!!!
How can you run out of loops???
OMG *faints*
.
.
Every single person in the microbe lab uses the loop/ a needle every single day!!!! and you ran out of loops!!!???
Cannot order in advance??? how much can it cost man???
I wonder how are the other l.o for other supervisors doing???
.
.
~~~~~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment