Saturday, February 10, 2018

Eating Japan - Instant ramen series 7

1. Nissin Gulai Ayam Melayu

This was surprisingly nice and reminds me of laksa. The soup has a nice coconut flavour and is slightly spicy.


It's made like japanese cup noodles whereby there is this paste which you put on top of your cup noodle to be warmed up before adding it to the soup.

2. Nissin Cheese curry

I always see my colleague eating this and hence became interested in this. While it was interesting to have cheese in the curry cup noodle, the soups is a bit too powdery for my liking.


3. Nissin Abalone flavoured oyster ramen

This ramen here reminded me of the shark fin version that came out last year. The soup is thick and has a starchy consistency. Compared to the shark fin one, the taste is not as nice.



4. Nissin Afuri yuzu shio ramen

Found another version of the Afuri ramen cup noodle. This one here came in yuzu salt flavour. I like how their noodles are thin and the soup has a yuzu accent. But of course, the real thing is always better!



5. Topvalu Hong Kong style spicy seafood noodles

Aeon Topvalu has this world dining series where they came up with ramen inspired from different cuisines. I've tried several flavours now and have been anticipating a Malaysian one. This one here is has a nice seafood flavour though I'm not sure if it's authentic for people from Hong Kong.


6. Soranoiro Vegesoba

I was really happy when I saw this because I really enjoyed Soranoiro's ramen. Both their vegeramen and kinoko ramen were absolutely delicious. But unfortunately this cup noodles really didn't deliver. It was salty and the soup was very different from the original. The portion was also relatively small.





No comments:

Post a Comment